doorstep visit by IQOR.Santander debt - what to do???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to jump back here to IQOR'S Letter, this theme seems to be rearing it's ugly head again. Mrs ex-hippy in one of my posts had a similar situation where a DCA said the law did not apply to them. With BB and Brig's guidance I soon told them if they felt they were higher than the law of the land, see you in court. ( whether civil or criminal ) They had the cheek to say it was Mrs ex-hippy who had to get a court order to stop them. Now with this case I feel that the DCA's know they are losing a weapon in there limited Armoury and trying to fob off us mere mortals with phis and wind.!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a tactic I think we should keep an eye on. A bit like the SD malarkey that was in use for a while.

AGAIN... THEY HAVE NO POWERS WHAT SO EVER. YOUR CAT HAS MORE, YOU DON'T FEED YOUR CAT AND YOUR IN COURT FOR CRUELTY. DON'T FEED A DCA, THEY ONLY GROW FAT AND COME BACK FOR MORE AND LIKE NEXT DOOR'S CAT THEY TRY AND CRAP ALL OVER YOUR ASSETS !!!!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am ever so sorry to be a pain again.

After my visit at home by IQOR exactly a month ago where I stupidly paid £80 via my debt card, i took the advice on here and rang the Halifax and got a new card which had a new 'long' number and new security number on the back.

IQOR have managed to take £80 again today - the exact day I get paid from work and am on half pay with maternity, so am struggling again.

What can I do with my bank to stop these payments? I rang them when I got a new debit card and they said 'they weren't sure' if IQOR could take the cash again, but evidently they have.

Would be really grateful if anyone has any time, just to let me know what they would do next. I did ask about the chargeback last time, but they said I couldn't do it.

Thanks,

ruddy halifax again

you CAN do chargeback

also see:

We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companie

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works!

banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers !

This fsa guide has now been updated:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/consumer_...ghts_guide.pdf

Here's the text:

Cancelling a regular

card payment:

When you give your credit or debit card

details to a company and authorise

them to take regular payments from

your account, such as for a gym

membership or magazine subscription,

it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’

or ‘continuous payment authority’.

These are often confused with direct

debits, but do not offer the same

guarantee if the amount or date of the

payment changes.

In most cases, regular payments can

be cancelled by telling the company

taking the payments. However, you

have the right to cancel them directly

with your bank or card issuer by telling

it that you have stopped permission for

the payments. Your bank or card issuer

must then stop them – it has no right to

insist that you agree this first with the

company taking the payments.

Be aware, though, that you will still be

responsible for paying any money that

you owe.

see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority(2-Viewing)-nbsp

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks,

So will send a letter to the Halifax tomorrow saying I withdraw any permission for them to take money, and carry on trying for the cashback claim.

I was so convinced that they wouldnt take money this month with a new card number

that I have been getting myself really anxious with anyone knocking on the door - makes my heart pound!!

The other day there was a knock and I kept quiet with the baby in the bedroom, it was actually the electricity board coming for a reading!

so apart from feeling anxious thinking they are coming cos I haven't 'paid' they this month,

now I feel even more agitated that they managed to get the money anyway

- can't win! so stressed out!!

DCA's have NO LEGAL POWERS

neither does ANY doorstepper

your CAT has more rights

please wise up and stop being scared of them

they knock, you answer, hello i'm from XXX DCA

are you, ....... you have 2mins to LEAVE my property or i will call the police

shut the door.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Youneed your bank to issue a new bank account no. the new card is

still linked to the same account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I went into the Halifax yesterday and they drove me insane!

They were trying to tell me that the new card they issued was different number therefore payments wouldn't go through via the old number - which clearly isn't correct as they took the money regardless! I then got the ....'IQOR' so you must owe money, are they aware you are cancelling? which I told them was none of their business.

Anyway, I have written a formal letter overnight to tell them they have no permission to take money from my account and that I wish for a new account to be set up. They take it on the 25th of the month, so they have a month to sort the problem.

The branch staff seemed like they had never heard of claiming the money back before so will detail it all in a letter and send a copy of HO and the branch until sopmeone finally takes some notice of me!!

Thanks

They obviously don't know that the card whatever

the new 16 digit card number is it is linked to the same

bank account number.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Vote with your feet, shallowfax are atrocious at customer care, close the account and open a new one with a seperate banking group, try Co-op.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

Yep that is what i am going to do - open a new account.

I sent the letter that they had no permission to take money from my account to my branch and HO, the branch called today telling me that i'd have to speak to the fraud team to get it stopped and she didnt understand the problem but thought they would be the best people to help me. They do quite literally blow my mind!!

I am though in a motivated mood to sort out some of my problems rather than stress about IQOR anymore!

Letter is by the door waiting for him to return.

Sent off a couple of SAR requests today for M&S and the Santander account.

Also, I know you may ask me to set up a new thread but I had a really small storecard for Creation that has always been paid every month. However, somehow despite paying properly it ended up as going over the limit - and the balance escalated so quickly. I claimed for PPI which they refused - despite me having written proof of me requesting them to cancel twice. I complained to the ombudsman about the PPI and overlimit fees then all of a sudden I had a statement showing a 'goodwill' payment of around £300. Never had an explaination as to what they were paying me as goodwill despite writing to them twice now to ask for a breakdown, so I am guessing it is worth asking for that info too to check PPI and overlimit fees?

I am going to get myself in order!!

Storecard sounds like you went over due to their fees and interest? If you had PPI on it and it failed to kick in then yes you should reclaim it.

But as you say, getting your cards in order first will make it much easier for you to be able to deal with.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Finally...IQOR are making me smile a bit rather than scare me to death!

Latest letter today:

Dear Miss...

We cannot trace reply of your reply to our last letter (well, I sent them a recorded letter saying they weren't welcome to come to my home!)

We DEMAND (in bold!) that the sum be sent directly to this office IMMEDIATELY (bold again!) using the payment slip below.

Your failre to comply could result in a DEBT COLLECTOR (bold again!) calling upon you for payment, which you DONT (yup u guess it) want to be a step we take.

Yours sincerely,

Collection Manager.

Reply by letter, or file and ignore?

That letter could well be taken to be "threatening".. against OFT guidelines.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Try

Dear IGOR

You really DONT want to VISIT me at my home as this will be a DOORSTEP you WONT be ABLE TO COLLECT.

I STRONGLY suggest you recheck your INTRAY for my letter sent RECORDED

Until then I STRONGLY SUGGEST you rethink how you WORD your letters.

Send a copy of that to the OFT, and to your local trading standards, that is IMO a direct threat, sending such a foolish missive like that would lead me to believe they intend some sort of physical harm. And if you were a lone female, or vulnerable adult, I would take a trip to my local Police station with that letter, and have them read it and have them give their advise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

Just a quick update!

- I wrote to Halifax and they refunded the £80 that IQOR took via the fraud team.

However, since writing to IQOR and receiving the last letter,

I have heard nothing more from them

- should I be doing anything,

or just wait for them to write to me again

- seems they have gone quiet for a couple of weeks,

which makes me think they are up to something!

Pay day for me on the 25th, so we will see if they take another £80.

Halifax have written to say if anything else DOES go out,

as they have written to IQOR saying permission is withdrawn too,

to ring them again and report it.

write back to halifax

tell them SPECIFICALLY

that they are NOT to honour ANY further payment requests from IQOR

without your WRITTEN consent.

dx

and they

I think you should write an official complaint to Halifax head office about their refusal to grant your legal right to have the payment authority cancelled.

You should state that, persuant to your rights under the Payment Services Regs 2009, they should have cancelled on the date of your first request. You should state that the regs require them to cancel regardless of whether you have also asked the payee or not. You can add that the payment authority was set up on your doorstep under duress and for an amount that is causing you hardship.

You should require them to confirm that they:

1. have cancelled the payment authority within 7 days and

2. will refund all payments made after your first request.

Failure to comply will result in a complaint to FOS and the OFT.

Send signed for.

Edit - a good post here with more info and the parts of the regs that apply to make your compliant more specific.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority&p=3813990&viewfull=1#post3813990

Edited by Bandit127

Spoke to bloomin soon about not hearing from IQOR!

Mobile rang this morning with a mobile number, answered it and a man said my name and it was the door step dude from IQOR. I told him I would not talk to him on the phone or in person, in writing only and hung up.

Ughhh - ruined my morning!! He's obviously just twigged that my payment has stopped.

I wonder why even though I have said to IQOR in writing only, they haven't actually written back to start the ball rolling again?

If anyone else should ring regarding this, then just laugh at them, laugh until you get bored then hang up.

• 5 weeks later...

Ah,

I hadn't heard from IQOR in a while apart from Mr doorstep man keep ringing me on my mobile, which is always nice...and ignored.

So, even though I sent a letter saying no visits - Mr Iqor turned up at my house yesterday.

I finally....was strong.

He wanted to come in, I said no.

He said well its very public out here....I laughed. And turned and closed my door. Idiot.

Dead right though about self employed traits.

As whilst he was parked in my car park (even though clearly states residents only, cheeky bugger)

he went to the block of flats behind me, and came back equally as quickly.

Lovely seeing him again, but he will never step over my door - and took no notice of my request to not come. Never mind, I feel liberated!!

On a different note, my other debtor (BarclayCard) has been going through Security Limited.

I have liaised with them by letter and paying £5 a month.

However, they wrote today saying only agreeing if I do an expenditure form.

I am right, that I dont have to do this aren't I?

as basically, if they don't accept it - they won't be getting any money towards it.

THanks for any help!!