• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Wonga/Quickquid/PDUK - Seeking Advice!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great thanks Gemma for keeping me up to date. I've just posted my own thread here. Am worried I am not as organised as you..my salary is due to go in Friday and its too late to start the account closing/reopening process so am hoping if I cancel my debit card it will stop them from accessing my bank account until I have withdrawn my salary from it. Also good to hear that you have not had calls from Wonga or QuickQuid as yet, I definitely don't want anyone calling my desk phone at work. Michelle

Hi Everyone,

So Quickquid have sent me a repayment plan offer, however it is confusing as I previously extended my loan and added on a part payment and they are treating this sum, and the remaining sum as two different loans...

"Thank you for contacting QuickQuid. Please be advised that currently your account is in default in the amount of £237.76, not including your current loan of £250.15 due 26/07/2012. Unfortunately we are unable to accept payment plans on current loans, only defaulted balances. The payment plan we can offer is detailed below.

£59.44__________due 29/06/2012

£59.44__________due 24/08/2012

£59.44__________due 26/09/2012

£59.44__________due 26/10/2012 via debit card ending XX1535

To confirm your agreement to this payment plan, please reply to this email stating that the terms are favorable. You must include the original email with the terms to which you are agreeing in your response. Once we have heard back from you, we will set up the agreed upon debits to come out of your bank account or be charged to your debit card.

Collection procedures will continue until an acceptable payment arrangement is made.

If you have any queries, our Collections Department is here to help."

I am very confused about what will happen to the second sum once I have defaulted on that next month, will they make the above payments higher to cover it (which I can't really afford), or would they extend the repayment plan so I'm paying for longer?

I have sent a reply querying this anyway, and requested that I pay them by standing order as I don't want them to loot my shiny new bank account!

Londonlady - do you have another account that you can transfer the money into? If I hadn't had opened a new bank account my plan of action would have been to cancel my card, and transfer the money online into my (empty haha) savings account as soon as it arrived in my bank account in the early hours of the morning.

I've also sent another email to Stacey at PDUK, declining her offer but stating that I am very happy to clear the loan, as long as the payments are realistic to what I have left over each month. I am awaiting her snotty reply...

UPDATE:

I have now negotiated a £50pm over four months repayment plan for PDUK, I am very happy with this. However, they require my new card details as the first payment apparantly has to be made immediately. I have refused to send my new details via email, or until Stacey confirms in writing that they will only debit the agreed amount of £50 from my account on the scheduled dates.

Things are looking good with quickquid, just waiting for a reply to my queries then I'll happily agree to their repayment plan.

Not a word from Wonga!

Anyone who is frightened of defaulting - it's not that scary at all! :) If you need to do it then go for it!

Gemma x

Nope. DO not agree to the card in any way shape or form. Tell them you will ONLY pay by standing order. This PDL is well known for taking your details, then debiting whatever they like, whenever they like.

Again, ONLY repay by standing order. Never EVER trust a PDL with your debit card details.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Great news Gemma! I've contacted Wonga and QuickQuid to let them know I will be defaulting and will need to set up payment plans..I haven't heard back from them yet..what email addresses did you use? Wonga comes out a few days after the others so that leaves me enough time to sort my bank account and ensure funds are transferred somewhere else as soon as they go in. I'm just a bit worried about Swift Sterling, I've read terrible things about them on this forum chasing debt and being unreasonable with repayment plans

renegadeimp - The only reason that I am considering giving PDUK the details is because they are stating that I can have the plan for £50 a month on the basis that the first payment is being made immediately, I feel like they've got me over a barrell! Is an email from PDUK stating that they will only take the amount as and when agreed not enough to stop them going looting, or for me to get my money refunded from the bank if they did? I will attempt to push for a standing order, however up to now I have found their collections department most unhelpful... I feel like this might be as good as it's going to get!

Any idea if Quickquid or Wonga are known to accept standing orders?

LondonLady - You will receive emails back from Wonga and Quickquid saying that they can not arrange a repayment plan until you have defaulted and to call them on collection day, email them on collection day though as they will talk a lot of BS on the phone. I have never dealt with Swift Sterling but try not to stress! If you can't afford it, you can't afford it and sooner or later they are just going to have to accept whatever you can give!

Gemma x

Nope, Payday UK do allow standing orders... stand firm

Wonga's details on their site

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Sent my email off to PDUK requesting a standing order - I wouldn't like to give my card details via email or over the phone anyway!

Quickquid have got back to me stating they do not accept standing orders and will only accept the following; bank account, debit card, bankers cheque or cashers cheque. which would be the best way to pay? I don't have a chequebook.

Gemma x

An afterthought! I am thinking of setting up a standing order from my new account to my old account, and let them take the money from the old account that I am no longer using - that way if they try and loot they will be declined. Good or bad idea?

x

I would say good idea yeh give details of old account and only put over what is needed at any one time x

https://help.wonga.com/help/payments/overdue-accounts/repayment-method

QQ I was ok with DD - absolutely refused to give card details though as well! and just kept thinking they want to play games I can easily close the account - I'll always believe it helped it was a basic/cash account, not CURRENT ACCOUNT

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

Thats a good idea. Just make sure to allow a few days inbetween so you can be sure the money is in the account so you dont incur any bank charges should the SO fail.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd share my annoyances! I am STILL waiting to hear back off Wonga, I sent them an email on the default day and I have had no response, I'm starting to think they are purposely ignoring me so they can slap on some charges, should I give in and call?

I set up a repayment plan with Quickquid, but does anybody actually read my replies?! I emailed them back to agree to the plan but said I would need to give them my new details, their response was thank you for agreeing to the plan, no acknowledgement that they needed my new details (I used to have a direct debit with them, so thought maybe they would be using my bank details?), I recieved a snooty email to say that it had been declined again (they had used my old card details) and they gave me another payment date. I have emailed again to say they need my new card details and no reply!!

Annoying companies!! PDUK has been the best of the bunch if I'm honest!

Quite Concerned about Wonga.

Gemma x

Dont give in. you have already tried to contact them and you have proof. Its up to them to reply now. If they try to pile on charges, simply showthem proof you sent them notice of your problems and refuse to pay excess charges.

What pdls want you to do is to do what they say and not what is right. stand firm and if they dont reply then its their problem.

Send the pdls 1 email or letter a week wirh proof of postage or delivey. This covers your back and gives them less room to wiggle out of their responsibilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, thanks for your sound advice so far!

I have sorted out Wonga and PDUK and I THOUGHT I had sorted out Quickquid but nope...

Once I had recieved their offer of a repayment plan, I emailed back saying yes I would accept but they needed my new card details (the one they had was my cancelled card), they emailed me back and thanked me for accepting the plan but mentioned nothing about the card details. I assumed they would use my sort code and account number instead, as they have this information from when I signed up.

I noticed a few days after the payment was supposed to leave my account that it hadn't gone, so I called them up and they took my mobile number for in case I got cut off. Well, I got cut off and nobody called me back! I have now received a "first notice" letter, and I am now wondering what my next move is?

I had split the loan into two, so the next amount will default this month. Should I contact them when the second amount defaults on the 26th and try and negotiate a plan to cover both sums, or will they be on my back before then?

I can't pay them anything until my next payday now unfortunately, so that's out of the question. (My 22 year old hoover gave up the ghost so I had to replace with the QQ money...I am more afraid of dirty floors than nasty letters!)

Any advice/opinions?

Gemma x

All I can honestly say is that I remember my first QQ payment delayed in being taken so your post immediately kind of rings bells, but was only by a couple of days, and I got a notice because they wanted to and did charge me above the loan amount

try emailing them? rather then call

Also see if you can get a Sheffield address to send postal orders - their recent media highlights aren't putting them in the best light now I'm afraid and I wouldn't trust any banks concerning credit debts right now

Worst case - QQ passes to a harmless debt collector (which may be better for you) :-)

Don't kill yourself trying to pay of these scummy loans in to much lump figure - it isn't worth it

I know, I know I've changed my views quite a lot recently!

Never call them by phone unless you can record the call in full. As for QQ, you can let it drag on for a while if you want. They cant add charges to it, and they are unable to collect it as they are UK based. Also, they cant demand that the only methods of repayment are Direct debit or credit card. Thats a breach of OFT guidance regulation. They are not allowed to refuse any form of legal payment.

• 2 weeks later...

So today I am fuming. Since writing this thread I have passed on all my debts to the debt management company Gregory Pennington, who are very good, and advised me to default on my agreed repayments and send them a monthly payment to be distributed to all lenders. I have done this and they have been in contact with the lenders. So obviously I was suprised when Wonga swiped £317 over 6 transactions from my bank account today, not even the £109 that was previously agreed and I have been told that I may or may not recieve a refund! This has left me with the lovely total of 64 pence for the rest of the month. I have spoken to the bank who have advised me to speak to the dispute team on Monday but I am seriously worried about the rest of my direct debits which are due this month! My question is why they would take the larger amount when they clearly had the bank details to be able to take the £109 arranged, even though my account should be on hold as it's now in the hands of the debt management company.

Advice anyone? I feel severely screwed over right now! Gemma x

I've said it in various threads. WHen dealing with these companies, you MUST open a parachute account to secure your money. Never, EVER take the word of a PDL that they wont debit your account. You'll just end up in situations like you are in now.

What you need to do is go to your bank and demand a full chargeback, as the money was taken without permission or knowledge.