Help me please Tax Credit compliance Letter

KEZA1676
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have received a compliance letter fro Ta Credits wanting to check my daughters full time education as she is now 19, she left in June 2011 and I didnt realise I was getting paid for her, also I ave overclaimed my childcare costs by about 70 a week since September. I also didnt inform them my husband had left work and had a gap until he set up as selfemployed in February until I sent back my renewal form, I know they will do a full check on me and after researching now know I should have informed them of the changes within 4 wks of working status. Do I just tell them everything now before they find out themselves about the overpayment. I have been severely depressed for two years and find dealing with things very difficult

Am also in this kind of situation I renewed my tax credit by phone and then received a provisional award notice! Three days later I got a letter saying from a compliance person saying I had declared our earnings wrong , now this is where I have messed up my husband is self employed so put in his figure but I stupidly thought that as I only work 11 hours a week it did not have to be declared ( I thought it was 12 hours and over )! I feel like a criminal now and am gutted how could I be so thick! The letter says I can either not contact them and they will amend my award accordingly and perhaps with a penalty or I can get in touch if I disagree !!! Not sure what to do so scared I get convicted and honestly it is a stupid dumb mistake! I really need some advice ????!

Spoke to a man who looking after our business affairs, he is a Tax Investigator as well as accountant/ ex Tax Inspector he is going to deal with tax cedits for me, I have just got back my statement fro m day Nursery and I have overclaimed about 3500 in childcare as well as not informing them until my renewal pack came in that he was now selfemployed. Do you think it will help if I have this guy deal with it for me?

Hello there.

I've worked with accountants in the past and I think it should help you, yes. This man understands the system and now sounds like a gamekeeper turned poacher, if you see what I mean.

Stop worrying and put your trust in him. Isn't that why you chose him? :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you Honey bee,

Yes we chose him as he is excellent at what he does my concern is I totally stuffed up my renewal and I knew was overclaiming childcare, the compliance letter I received was only asking for info on my daughter spo this is all I sent off for now as am hoping that when the request everything else he can deal with them for me , he was very understanding and said anyone can make mistakes especially when you are strting new business all the stress that goes with it. What I am hoping is that I dont have to speak to them at all.

Hello there.

I would have thought he should be able to speak to them on your behalf, although you may need to authorise him to do that. I know the CAB can.

Make sure you know what it's going to cost in fees though. :)

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 2 weeks later...

have just got my provisional award for 2012-13 as they are still reviewing last years, on this it says I am not entitled to working tax credit so am assuming I dont actually get any childcare help? does anyone know more about this

• 2 weeks later...