camerons latest missive

debt4get
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and i should have read a bit more of the piece...further cuts to jobseekers allowance being considered...going to resurrect working for your benefit after 2 years....what he doesnt say is what is useless government is doing to stimulate economy to get jobs.....

This really worries me. I have a friend who is a welfare officer at a 6th form college. Most days she deals with a 6th form student who has been thrown out by their parent, or who has been abused by people within the family unit and needed to leave, and are therefore homeless. Night-stop house them for up to 5 nights and she spends hours finding places to stay for the young people on a longer term basis. Without housing benefit where will these young people go? She deals with new people daily! On the streets obviously, or they will have to give up their education at age 16/17/18 however far into their courses they are and take any old job at minumum wage if they are lucky enough to be able to find something. It's atrocious.

every time they open their mouth garbage utters forth...they moan about people under 25 claiming this and that...and how unfair it is..what about people who are working low paid jobs, but still having to claim HB? will they lose out as well? young people today have enough pressure in even finding a job without this unbelievable announcement...

Isn't it lucky that these young energetic people with no work (when there is massive unemployment) and no home (as they have no rent) will realise "we are all in this together" and not turn to crime. Obviously they wont riot either, and with the French intending to push for making prostitution illegal in all the EU, that can't happen either.

But to say tories have future plans to penalise the unemployed after two years is pretty irrelevant, as they wont be in power by the time it would meant to be coming into force.

Its quite alarming though that the newly xenophobic Ed Miliband (who seems to have forgotten his parents were Belgian and Polish) is the only offering up to replace cam.

Anyway, if it continues this way - the "little Englanders" fuelling these attitudes are likely to become far less xenophobic when they see the only available work for them will be travelling to Poland to stack shelves!

the lack of thought that has gone into this announcement...fuels more hatred towards those who are already struggling on a daily basis...now penalise the young generation..who mostly are trying desperately to find those non existent jobs...which according to this govt...will lead them to paradise and beyond....laughable really

Here we go again "let's beat the benefit scroungers"!!!!!!!!!! will he ever stop?

I have read the BBC article and the Mail on Sunday and to say the very least am totally disgusted at both. I thought it was politically incorrect to stereotype people but this is what he is encouraging people to do.

The labour spokesman had it right when he said:

It is easy for rich Tories with big houses to have grown-up children at home while they find their feet. It’s different if you live in a tiny council flat and your daughter is a single mum.’

David Cameron himself has himself made use of the welfare system, by claiming DLA, when he didn't need it due to his financial situation but chooses to forget this..........

Why people under 25? We're not all scroungers. Or is being 26 and HB and other benefits more acceptable? Some people under 25 do taxes like everyone else working.

This hasn't been thought through:

Depending on where you live, depends on what type of jobs there are in your area. Where I live, it's a huge fish factory and care. I am unable to do either of these jobs. I can work in IT. If I want to work in IT, I have to move. How can I if Cameron won't allow me to have housing benefit?

his hypocrisy knows knows no bounds...from benefits to tax evasion....this is pandering to the 'hang em flog em' brigade....but underlying the rhetoric its frightening....divisive, and it is ill thought out as usual....they will only be happy when we are all working 20 hours a day, for less than minimum wage....slave labour beckons...what a legacy to leave our future generations...

What's Cameron and Co doing about his friends and their tax avoidance scheme, where they set up a company in Jersey and stack massive amount of tax free money there and then his rich friend gets back a salary from that company in the form of the minimum wage at 1% tax payable, the rest is taken back by way of a loan from their company that they have set up. Of course there is no tax due on a loan and this scheme legal.:| TAKE THAT for a cunning scheme you can also get an honour for it as well. :-(:|:x:mad2:

The labour spokesman had it right when he said:

It is easy for rich Tories with big houses to have grown-up children at home while they find their feet. It’s different if you live in a tiny council flat and your daughter is a single mum.’

David Cameron himself has himself made use of the welfare system, by claiming DLA, when he didn't need it due to his financial situation but chooses to forget this..........

A Labour spokesman who has finally put their head above the parapet.....amazing....notice though 'its only a spokesman' where the hell are the front bench standing up and denouncing these policies?....bl**dy nowhere....'we are all in this together' well we are if you are priveliged and rich...

I feel all MP's should be self-employed and let them earn their salaries and pay out of it their expenses, why should we pay for a lavish life style for them and their families. It is not that they are good at their jobs and being self-employed would be way of getting rid of the dead wood ie not up the job and just in it for the gravy train. :mad2:

I feel all MP's should be self-employed and let them earn their salaries and pay out of it their expenses, why should we pay for a lavish life style for them and their families. It is not that they are good at their jobs and being self-employed would be way of getting rid of the dead wood ie not up the job and just in it for the gravy train. :mad2:

ah now wouldnt that be a wonderful idea.......wouldnt hold my breath though whilst they vote it in.....

Why people under 25? We're not all scroungers. Or is being 26 and HB and other benefits more acceptable? Some people under 25 do taxes like everyone else working.

This hasn't been thought through:

Depending on where you live, depends on what type of jobs there are in your area. Where I live, it's a huge fish factory and care. I am unable to do either of these jobs. I can work in IT. If I want to work in IT, I have to move. How can I if Cameron won't allow me to have housing benefit?

Also they are hell bent on getting disabled people back to work when they know very well that employer will not make adjustment for them. Large multi-national retail employers will not make adjustments as it would be too costly for them, a disabled friend of mine that been working in one of 'YOUR' well know high street retailer that supposed to be a good employer on the face of it, but it took his employer 2 years to purchase a small piece of equipment costing less than £300 and it was only purchased when he took them to a tribunal.

A Labour spokesman who has finally put their head above the parapet.....amazing....notice though 'its only a spokesman' where the hell are the front bench standing up and denouncing these policies?....bl**dy nowhere....'we are all in this together' well we are if you are priveliged and rich...

And Tony Blair is only paying 3% on the 12 million earned last year. They are in it for self-interest and nothing else except punished the poor for being poor. :|:|

all parties are as bad as each other, all full of promises yet when they get elected they " suddenly" forget what they told us! Get shut of the lot of them

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

how much worse can it get?

Government to end extended payments

The new benefits system will disincentivise people to work by abolishing temporary payments which cover claimants’ housing costs when they find a job, the Chartered Institute of Housing has warned.

Currently, claimants who have been unemployed for six months can apply to receive four extra weeks of payments when they find a job.

The payments, often known as ‘run-ons’, cover claimants’ housing and council tax costs and are intended to incentivise people to find work. This is because people are less likely to struggle to pay bills in the early weeks of their employment.

Under draft regulations for the universal credit , published last Wednesday, extended payments will be abolished.

http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/tenancies/government-to-end-extended-payments/6522435.article

How about stopping MPs payments for buying/renting, furnishing and running a second home near Westminster? Is it not a form of housing benefit?

It is their choice to accept this employment so the should fund it....... they get paid enough for doing very little to be honest, except cause the people who pay them and have afforded them this privilege by stupidly believing their empty promises.

Also they are hell bent on getting disabled people back to work when they know very well that employer will not make adjustment for them. Large multi-national retail employers will not make adjustments as it would be too costly for them, a disabled friend of mine that been working in one of 'YOUR' well know high street retailer that supposed to be a good employer on the face of it, but it took his employer 2 years to purchase a small piece of equipment costing less than £300 and it was only purchased when he took them to a tribunal.

I don't understand the obsession with getting disabled people into work when there's 2.6 million plus people out there who are unemployed and can work.

Ah you see there's the misunderstanding. It's never been about actually trying to get them back into work, it's just a weak excuse to throw as many people off benefits as they can.

Remember ATOS is the company telling claiments they're well enough to work, whilst informing their potential employers that they're too sick to be taken on.

So It's a no win scenario imo.

Isn't this out and out age discrimination

i know the tories are no strangers to discrimination but youd think that by now in this pc mad world those not affected might have picked up on it

damn those spin drs

im all for the none of the above option oh says its only way hed ever vote as at the mo he thinks he shouldnt be pushed into voting for someone he doesnt believe

should be in power

personally i think voting has become about choosing the lesser of two evils you have to vote to keep the worst out and not the best in

The whole world is made of faith, trust and pixie dust :p