BankFodder BankFodder

mojo786

quit after 30 years

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2746 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi everyone,

i had been smoking since 1 was 12 years old and now 46. tried sveral times to quit tried champix cut down then started smoking heavy again.

my problem was i enjoyed smoking but was smoking in excess of 40 a day. i then tried e lites they didnt work either i decided this year as a new years resolution i would quit my friends and work collegues were doubtful but i went cold turkey and stopped and has now been nearly 7 months.

my only advise is if your not ready to stop smoking dont only do it when your ready.

apparently i was a nightmare to work with for 3 weeks but i am ok now.

the smell of ciggy smoke makes me cough now, i do miss smoking but wont start again.

if i can stop any one can

GOOD LUCK

That is great news. Well done.

Yes, there is no one more intolerant and critical of somkers than an ex-smoker.

Don't worry about it. Refuse to eat with people who smoke. Tell smokers how much they smell. Be obnoxious about smokers.

The more extrem you are about it - the more difficult it will be for you to lose face and start smokinh again.

Agree, anyone can stop if this is not necessary.

Yes I quit and after all the gimmicks I found the best way was to outright stop. The first month or 2 were the worst sometimes really bad but after that I was free :-)

Well done!! I keep making excuses. I would love nothing more than to just be able to quit!