Equidebt and Statute Barred card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following receipt of a couple of letters from a DCA

I sent them a statute barred letter on 16 May which was signed for on 21 May.

At the begining of June I received a further chasing letter saying I had not responded and may take legal proceedings by their solicitors

and may instruct an agent to make an appointment to make a door step visit at home.

I sent them the second statute barred letter from your library (thank you) on 9 June which was signed for on 13 June.

Today I have received a further chasing letter, albeit offering a 75% reduction dated 20 June.

Do I now write to MP, Information commisioners office etc and copy their compliance department.

Your advice would be much appreciated.

You can make a complaint to the OFT. Once you have advised them that the debt is statute barred - they should cease.

There is a follow up SB letter where pursuit is continued.. you might want to try that..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?420-Letter-to-use-if-a-DCA-still-try-to-collect-after-Statute-Barred

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Today I have received a further chasing letter, albeit offering a 75% reduction dated 20 June.

Definitley SB'd and theyre trying to con you into paying whatever they can get from you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Are you just sending these SB letters to the DCAs address

without being addressed to a person who can actually do

something about it?

Such letters should be addressed to the Compliance Manager.

eg.

Dear Sir OR Madam

I refer to your letter dated xxxxxx regarding the debt for £xxxx

which you allege is owed by me.

I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company you

claim to represent.

I have previously notified your company formally that any such

alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and I will not now or in the future

make any payment or offer of payment.

I seems I must remind you of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection

2003/2011 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred

debts.

I now require you to ceass processing,storing or sharing all data relating

to me and to remove it from all your records.

A formal complaint regharding your companys' conduct in this matter

is being made to the OFT.

For clarity any further contact from your company WILL be considered harassment

and suitable action WILL be taken.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

pers i think i'd nw ignore them.

they were trying to fleece you

you called their bluff...i know it SB'ed

dont forget the whole prcess is virtally automated.

they dont read letters

esp on debts they know are dead ducks

phishing trip!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Received a reply confirming it is statute barred but the last paragraph said "you still have a moral obligation to pay". What about their moral obligation claiming payment when statute barred. One rule for one.

Oh dear and what a DCA knows about morals can be written on the top of a pin head !!

They might also want to consider the morals of the people who sell these debts to them!

IMHO, I would just ensure you keep that letter safe somewhere.. JIC they return it to the original creditor, who might then pass it on to another DCA. It does happen.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I wonder if I should add a para on morality to my SB letter

and get on me soap box:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Probably can't even spell it:madgrin:

You have a moral obligation to pay your debt even though it is statute barred, just as they have a moral obligation to have their computer send out meaningless deforestation which is valid even if not read by you, what they fail to understand is that we all know they are as big a joke as the banking industry, they (DCA's) should never be taken seriously, they will never have any authority over anyone.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

LOL - if i felt like this was entertaining i would write alang the lines of

Dear sir

in reply to your letter dated ##/##/##, I have a moral obligation to feed and clothe my family and that overrides any "moral" obligation to pay off a statute barred debt.

However, I am grateful that you understand what an obligation (moral or otherwise) is, as you will now realise that your obligation is to follow the OFT guidelines and stop chasing a statute barred debt.

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

They used to provide these in the DCA's creche (AKA office) but H&S got involved & decided that they shouldn't have sharp pointy things. ;)

So they issued these instead !!

bb_cr.jpg

BCOBS

Now any DCA looking at this will be scratching their head thinking QUOTE" Which Way Up""?

Hmm, wonder if there are instructions in the packet.. ooops.. forgot .. they dont read either :(

BCOBS

• 6 months later...

After a spell of no contact after sending the letter suggested by the brigadier to the compliance manager I have just received a letter offering "huge discounts" and 3 different offers over 12,18 & 24 months. Who can I write to and take forward the harrassment etc. Thanks for any help

Technically they can periodically ask you nicely if you will pay, but what they cannot do is demand payment or issue a threat of legal action if you don't.

If they do issue such a threat you can make a complaint to your local Trading Standards & the OFT.

Seems like someone is not listening or cannot read so,

To the Compliance Manager,

Ref: use the one on the latest letter.

Sir,

I refer you to my letter dated xx xx xxxx regarding the status of the alleged debt for £xxxx.xx, as prviously stated I don not acknowledegde any liability for the alleged debt, and THE ALLEGED DEBT IS STATUTE BARRED, therefore I will not be making any payment.

I must remind you of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt, as you have continued to contact me I am now reporting the conduct of your company to the OFT with a comment on the fitness of it to hold a consumer credit licence.

RD this

Stu, who’s the DCA? Name and shame!

(Would also like to point out that no part of me can be found in Tesco burgers)

Too tough DB??????????:madgrin: