Hackney PCN - notice to owner - 'notice handed to driver'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

This is for a friend of mine, he received a notice to owner last week. He believes it is a phatom ticket. There are no images on the Hackney website of the alleged contravention but more interestingly, Hackney state that the destination of notice, the ticket, was handed to the driver. I find this hard to believe. Is the legal?

I thought the PCN had to be issued to the vehicle in question. I can hardly imagine drivers 'accepting tickets' in this manner from traffic wardens.

Advise sought.

Best wishes,

Hackney PCN 12.06.2012 WEB.pdf

it is certainly not spoof

it says penalty charge notice

this needs to be dealt with before things escalate to bailiffs etc etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In my experience it would have to go much further in the process before bailiffs get involved.

I think you have misunderstood my query.

Best wishes,

The answer to your query is yes of course its legal to hand it to the driver, why would they bother sticking it to the car if the driver is standing there waiting for the ticket?

Now surely the DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE bit is legally incorrect, the owner is not responsible, only the driver at the time is ? I's be asking them how the owner is 'legally responsible' as they claim. (After all it might of been a hire car).

I agree though that handing it to the driver would appear to be correct and this would in theory mean my above comments are irrelevant BUT it does appear to be a template letter.

Andy

Now surely the DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE bit is legally incorrect, the owner is not responsible, only the driver at the time is ?
This is a council PCN, so the registered keeper is responsible. In fact now it has reached the NTO stage, the RK is the only person who is able to make formal representations