BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2839 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

MBNA have sent a letter stating that PPI was added to the account at my husbands request, "At the time PPI was added to your a/c, you were eligble fro the cover (you stated on your app. form that you were a UK resident, in permanent employment and aged between 18 and 17). When you opted for PPI we did not offer advice about the policy, we provided you with info. only. In other words, yours was a non-advised sale. Having reviewed the info. you have provided, our processes and the disclosures which we made t oyou at the time, we are satisfied that you had sufficient info. to make your own evaluation of and decision about the product on offer. On this basis, I regret to advise that I am unable to uphold your complaint or issue a refund of the premiums paid."

Then it goes on to tell us to go to the ombudsmen if we are not happy, which clearly we are not!

Is there any point in pursuing this?

He (husband) had no idea what he was signing up for, cant remember doing it and had no idea that he even had it, I suppose it was done blindly, if indeed he did sign up for it as they say. He has never claimed on it, and has had this card for at least the last 12 yrs. (longer than he has been with me for!) so, what now?

Any advise, opinions etc welcomed, thank you very much :-)

H

I am not a legal expert, any advice I give is based purley on experience or opinion.

Please tip the scales if you feel I have helped you!! :D

Hi

How was the application for the card done?

What reasons did you give in the fos questionnaire for the mis-sale?

Have you got a copy of the agreement showing that you selected the option for PPI?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thread moved to PPI forum

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

I had the same letter from MBNA i took it FOS and then MBNA settled before it went to the adjudicator. i got a seriously lg amount of dosh as my card went back to 1996, I would lodge a complaint with FOS and in meanwhile SAR MBNA so u can get an idea of whats owed, The guys on here are fab at guiding thru it and for the time it takes to do a few letters it should be well worth it

cheers

Hi ims21

Thanks for your reply, basically he can't remember how he originally applied for the card it was that long ago, he doesn't have a copy of the agreement and there was no FOS or SAR or anything sent so no reason was given for the mis-selling of PPI. He rang them up and asked if there is PPI on his account, and this is the response we got :S

What do you think? any chance of pursuing it?

Thanks again

Heidi

I am not a legal expert, any advice I give is based purley on experience or opinion.

PPI Rani thank you for your reply, thats very encouraging news, well done you :)

oops just seen the typo in the letter, *aged between 18 and 70* hahaha, 18 and 17, he wishes :p haha

Sounds like a fob off to me. All he has done is asked whether he had PPI and they have written back and said he can't claim it back. That is without any formal claim having been lodged.

If it were me I would SAR MBNA to get as much detailon the account as possible. Template for SAR is in the CAG library. Cost is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply. From the data that comes back, as Rani says, it should be possible to work out how much you are due back.

In the meantime, pop along to the fos website and download a copy of the consumer questionnaire ready for completion.

You will end up sending a completed fos questionnaire to the lender together with a copy of the spreadsheet and a brief covering letter requiring refund.

If you have a look in the PPI stickies you will find one with "Notes for Claimants"...have a read of it a it will give you some useful information on mis-selling reasons

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

You are a STAR, thank you so much :)

I'll get onto it now while I still have ink left in the printer :p

Heidi x