BankFodder BankFodder

steve_lj

Why Northampton Court

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2845 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have sent all the paperwork off to Salford for a small claims action. When I filled in the paperwork I specified my local court as a preference. Today I have recieved the notice of issue back and it states that it is in the Northampton Court (some 200 miles from where I live). What would be the reason for this ?

I have also had communication from the defendant that they will be defending the claim and seeking for it to be heard in their local court - again some fair distance from me. Do I have a say in this matter at all - would there be a reason that it cant be held in my local court ??

I will post the claim details seperately as I have a few questions and dont want to complicate this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Northampton is a bulk processing centre. They deal with things initially then transfer them to the correct court.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks - if the defendants want the hearing in a court local to them do I have a say in that ?

Could I ask for a court that was equidisdant to both parties ??

If the Defendant is an individual it will be heard in their court. If it's a company, in your court. That's the general rule but you could indeed ask for it to be transferred to an equally distant court, it's up to the judge ultimately.

Thanks - The defendant is an idividual. It just seems a little unfair that I may have to attend court at the other side of the country !!

I will request that the hearing is located somewhere of equal distance between us. Hopefully common sense will prevail ??

Thanks

Well the Defendant would argue the same if it is transferred to your court. I think it is certain to get transferred initially to his court; what you then do is ask for another transfer to a centrally located court at the Allocation Questionnaire stage.

I agree completely - somewhere of equal distance would be the logical conclusion.