'Lewis' Field representative visit on CCJ/CO Northern Rock Shortfall

Mr Worried
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just spoke to Nram and they said they had not corresponded with me since the repo because they had no forwarding address ? I explained I have sent 2 x sar in two year and that they had not answered any of them. they went on to tell me that I had to complain separate and to request a new sar, and emphasized they must verify signatures ? so do we sign the sar as normal ?

They updated their system and bid me good day.

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have just spoke to Nram and they said they had not corresponded with me since the repo because they had no forwarding address ? I explained I have sent 2 x sar in two year and that they had not answered any of them. they went on to tell me that I had to complain separate and to request a new sar, and emphasized they must verify signatures ? so do we sign the sar as normal ?

They updated their system and bid me good day.

Did you send £10 with your sar request and if so, was it cashed ?

• 2 months later...

Contact the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). They deal with claims where companies are no longer in business.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have received my DSAR from N ram. quite a lot of paperwork delivered in a box.

Big question is...where do I start ?

We where repo'd few yr ago and I remember a guy coming out uninvited to the property and his fee was £300.00. +, then their is the sale plus fees etc, charges? can I claim court charges for repo?

Basically I now have the info, but where to start ?

Thank you

Start by listing actual costs, those that are definitely not refundable and charges you are doubtful about and those you don't know what they are for.

Don't pay anyone until they respond to a letter you will send to them asking them to explain and justify the charges added.

every bar legal/sols fees.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You can't claim for solicitors costs in respect of the repossession, however - as this is a bill you are being expected to pay you could ask for a breakdown of the solicitors bills. If they have used their in-house legals then they shouldn't be charging high street solicitors prices.

Claim for arrears charges ets and also for their agent coming out to see you, as you didn't agree to him coming and had no need of his services you don't pay for it !

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Here is an update and a few questions.

I finally worked my way through 3 big reams of sar and it was interesting to say the least, there is lots I still don't understand but with your help I am sure this will be 'ironed ' out.

Questions

1..Who is responsible for advising me of the sale of the repo, ie, how much sold for ?

2..Who sold it on behalf of ??? shortfalls, Profit ? Agents fees ? Possession sale costs ? litigation costs ?

3..There are lots of redemption figures? what are they ? do I need to act upon these.

4..What is a Paysafe Payment Protection ? it says we paid £650.00. but why?

5..'Issue Proceedings Authority Request' within this paperwork the question....'is the property on the Market' to which Nram have ticked NO, yet the property was on the Market and they had the relevant paperwork, do I need to make an issue about this. ?

6..Mini Statement says...Arrears Charges £25.00. ( are they claimable?)

7..Fact /Find Report carried out by DMS for Nram, apparently he visited twice but we were not at home and on the 3rd visit we were in, so I let him into our home were he conducted a paperwork session, I never once asked for this nor was I advised that he was going to attend, I cant see his charges either ?

8..On a letter between Future and Nram Sols, there is handwritten figures on bottom of page saying...If applied before date xxx, Sols £138, £250 (cant make out writing)

9..Balancing Down Redemption, Balancing down checklist What are these?

10..Discharge Fee, Claimable ?

11..Mini statement shows charges of over £800.00. ? claimable ?

12..Calculation of final balance following sale...

Interest £1000.00.

Insurance £0

deeds release £0

EPC £0

Legal fee £138.00.

Redemption sealing fee £250.00.

Arrears fees £50.00.

Total of debits £xxxxxxxx

Sale Price £same as above debits.

Shortfall £0

Shortfall unsecured Bal £0

Please note that the property was sold for 35k more than the paperwork states ? ( this will probably relate to my question 1 ?)

13..Contact History/ServiceCentre Summary- they have written down a telephone conversation which includes Mr x ( Not Me) advising that I used another persons cc to pay a sum of money ( not me and i did not) then they go on to give the other persons name ( nobody I know) their full address ( unknown to me) and even some contact numbers ( non of which I recognize)

Is this breach of another's Data ? should I be asking questions about this ??

Thank you all in advance and I look forward in receiving your replies.

Mr.

Hi All

Here is an update and a few questions.

I finally worked my way through 3 big reams of sar and it was interesting to say the least, there is lots I still don't understand but with your help I am sure this will be 'ironed ' out.

Questions

1..Who is responsible for advising me of the sale of the repo, ie, how much sold for ?

2..Who sold it on behalf of ??? shortfalls, Profit ? Agents fees ? Possession sale costs ? litigation costs ?

3..There are lots of redemption figures? what are they ? do I need to act upon these.

4..What is a Paysafe Payment Protection ? it says we paid £650.00. but why? PPI GO RECLAIM IT...

5..'Issue Proceedings Authority Request' within this paperwork the question..

..'is the property on the Market' to which Nram have ticked NO,

yet the property was on the Market and they had the relevant paperwork,

do I need to make an issue about this. ? - yes seek compo IMHO??

6..Mini Statement says...Arrears Charges £25.00. ( are they claimable?) yes

7..Fact /Find Report carried out by DMS for Nram, a

pparently he visited twice but we were not at home

and on the 3rd visit we were in,

so I let him into our home were he conducted a paperwork session, I

never once asked for this nor was I advised that he was going to attend,

I cant see his charges either ? keep looking...

8..On a letter between Future and Nram Sols, there is handwritten figures on bottom of page saying.

..If applied before date xxx, Sols £138, £250 (cant make out writing)

11..Mini statement shows charges of over £800.00. ? claimable ? what are their names?

Interest £1000.00.

Insurance £0

deeds release £0

EPC £0

Legal fee £138.00.

Arrears fees £50.00.

Shortfall £0

Please note that the property was sold for 35k more than the paperwork states ? ( this will probably relate to my question 1 ?)

13..Contact History/ServiceCentre Summary

- they have written down a telephone conversation which includes Mr x ( Not Me)

advising that I used another persons cc to pay a sum of money ( not me and i did not)

then they go on to give the other persons name ( nobody I know) their full address

( unknown to me) and even some contact numbers ( non of which I recognize)

Thank you all in advance and I look forward in receiving your replies.

Mr.

p'haps the best place to look is actually on the statements..

look for re-occurring fixed sum charges

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

I'll try to answer these as best I can, however without the paperwork it isn't too easy.

Usually solicitors will contact you to transfer any surplus funds following redemption of any charges on the property, you could probably also at the time have called the lender and spoken to their property sales team.

These are costs associated with sale of the property, was there a shortfall as I believe one of your earlier posts stated the property sold for a sufficient amount to redeem both charges?

No you don't, they are quotes for redemption of the mortgages. The first charge and second charge probably sent each other some, the solicitors probably also requested some and they only usually remain valid for 28 days (or up to a specific date under MCOB) so you'll have loads bundled in your SAR.

4..What is a Paysafe Payment Protection ? it says we paid £650.00. but why?

Sounds like PPI.

5..'Issue Proceedings Authority Request' within this paperwork the question....'is the property on the Market' to which Nram have ticked NO, yet the property was on the Market and they had the relevant paperwork, do I need to make an issue about this. ?

That is a question in pre-action protocol, so I'd assume that is the PAP sheet from before they issued proceedings.

Meaning that they ticked the box because you didn't have the property on the market (in which case they likely wouldn't have proceeded).

6..Mini Statement says...Arrears Charges £25.00. ( are they claimable?)

Maybe, you were in arrears though and that amount seems reasonable. They cover the cost of managing your account whilst it is in arrears.

7..Fact /Find Report carried out by DMS for Nram, apparently he visited twice but we were not at home and on the 3rd visit we were in, so I let him into our home were he conducted a paperwork session, I never once asked for this nor was I advised that he was going to attend, I cant see his charges either ?

Try looking on any statements you have for charges applied shortly after the date of the home visit.

If you avoid contact they can send a representative to your property, litigation is a last resort and they need to exhaust all other options before they will proceed. Sending someone to your property in that instance is reasonable.

8..On a letter between Future and Nram Sols, there is handwritten figures on bottom of page saying...If applied before date xxx, Sols £138, £250 (cant make out writing)

Probably internal communication, might have been quoting costs. Not overly relevant.

Probably a checklist to do with sale of property and yet another redemption statement.

No, it's the cost of discharging the mortgage with the land registry (land reg don't charge but the solicitors handling the discharge will).

11..Mini statement shows charges of over £800.00. ? claimable ?

Maybe, depending on what they are. That fee balance seems about right for an account that's gone through repossession (it quite often ends up higher than that).

Interest £1000.00.

Insurance £0

deeds release £0

EPC £0

Legal fee £138.00.

Arrears fees £50.00.

Shortfall £0

They probably put their redemption figure in the sale price bit, this document is for internal use so it's not a major issue. It's probably just for them to calculate any potential shortfall amount.

13..Contact History/ServiceCentre Summary- they have written down a telephone conversation which includes Mr x ( Not Me) advising that I used another persons cc to pay a sum of money ( not me and i did not) then they go on to give the other persons name ( nobody I know) their full address ( unknown to me) and even some contact numbers ( non of which I recognize)

That's interesting, might have been that the agent was in the incorrect account? Or a borrower may have called in and given your mortgage reference in error.

May also have been a third party calling in to pay fees for something like a deed of postponement (were NRAM the second charge or first?), information request or something. Might be worth googling the numbers and seeing if it's a residential number or linked to a specific organisation.

You could certainly bring the potential DPA breach to their attention, but it's unlikely you'd be able to claim anything as a result of it.

Edited by Nihilus