• Tweets

• The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • Monika the first four pages of the Private parking section have at least 12 of our members who have also been caught out on this scam site. That's around one quarter of all our current complaints. Usually we might expect two current complaints for the same park within 4 pages.  So you are in good company and have done well in appealing to McDonalds in an effort to resolve the matter without having  paid such a bunch of rogues. Most people blindly pay up. Met . Starbucks and McDonalds  are well aware of the situation and seem unwilling to make it easier for motorists to avoid getting caught. For instance, instead of photographing you, if they were honest and wanted you  to continue using their services again, they would have said "Excuse me but if you are going to go to Mc donalds from here, it will cost you £100." But no they kett quiet and are now pursuing you for probably a lot more than £100 now. They also know thst  they cannot charge anything over the amount stated on the car park signs. Their claims for £160 or £170 are unlawful yet so many pay that to avoid going to Court. When the truth is that Met are unlikely to take them to Court since they know they will lose. The PCNs are issued on airport land which is covered by Byelaws so only the driver can be pursued, not the keeper. But they keep writing to you as they do not know who was driving unless you gave it away when you appealed. Even if they know you were driving they should still lose in Court for several reasons. The reason we ask you to fill out our questionnaire is to help you if MET do decide to take you to Court in the end. Each member who visited the park may well have different experiences while there which can help when filling out a Witness statement [we will help you with that if it comes to it.] if you have thrown away the original PCN  and other paperwork you obviously haven't got a jerbil or a guinea pig as their paper makes great litter boxes for them.🙂 You can send an SAR to them to get all the information Met have on you to date. Though if you have been to several sites already, you may have done that by now. In the meantime, you will be being bombarded by illiterate debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors all threatening you with ever increasing amounts as well as being hung drawn and quartered. Their letters can all be safely ignored. On the odd chance that you may get a Letter of Claim from them just come back to us and we will get you to send a snotty letter back to them so that they know you are not happy, don't care a fig for their threats and will see them off in Court if they finally have the guts to carry on. If you do have the original PCN could you please post it up, carefully removing your name. address and car registration number but including dates and times. If not just click on the SAR to take you to the form to send to Met.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Yet another ATOS thread.

HadEnough
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all, me again.

Just a couple of quick questions regarding the dreaded ESA50,,,,,

1, I've just received one and have just rung the dwp about my last form asking when the decision was made, he said it was made 18/10/11, so it's over six months so they must have given me 12 months esa, well to my thinking. When I asked him why I've received the form 4 months early he couldn't answer and said he'd get someone to ring me to discuss my concerns.

Has anyone had this happen?

2, I notice that the form came from ATOS and has to be sent back to them, is this usual practice? I thought the esa50 went to a decision maker not ATOS?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx Jimi

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

My ex-husband won his appeal in December 2011, then in January 2012 he received his next ESA50. They send them out whenever they feel like it, it seems.

The forms go back to ATOS.

It's the DWP that send them out but they go back to ATOS. I had a face to face with ATOS at the end of January and the Doctor terminated the appointment early saying she was recommending I be left alone for 6 months to get better. That was recorded on the DWP system February 18th which ought to have given me a reprieve till August but my ESA50 arrived middle of May, so the reprieve was only 3 months. They beat you down so getting well isn't possible. The stress is such that I have cancelled counselling, can't cope with both.

I was just recently changed over from IB to ESA(WRAG). The phone call to state I had been placed in WRAG said(after my asking) that I would be on ESA(WRAG) for 2 years. When the paperwork arrived, it showed I would be paid ESA for approx 6 months. On phoning for confirmation, I was told there would be a review after 6 months(from previous outcome). So it is looking like a probable new ATOS interview every 6 months.

I suppose eventually I will see a "professional" who will make the report so I get kicked off ESA, regardless if my condition does not improve.

The saddest thing about that is that counselling is meant to help you get better and I would have thought should be helping you find a way to deal with the stress!

Would a report from the Counsellor not have been possible to try and get you into the support group next time...I know it is inevitable that the form means they review you at ATOS.

It may be quite a while before you have a WCA if at all...they have quite a backlog due to a higher than anticipated level of appeals I gather (wonder why?:|)

The very system the Govt would have the general public (i.e those fortunate enough to be in sufficiently good mental and physical health) believe is helping the sick and disabled be motivated back into work is in many cases, from what I can see, making them sicker!:sad:

I just cannot understand why GPs and other medical professionals cannot do more and are not striking more about how their medical opinions are seemingly being overruled and ignored......

*snip*

It may be quite a while before you have a WCA if at all...they have quite a backlog due to a higher than anticipated level of appeals I gather (wonder why?:|)

As stated above, ex-husband won appeal in December 2011, ESA50 arrived in January 2012, sent it back by mid-Feb (as per their requested date), a month or so later he received WCA appointment letter for May. Very, very quick, much quicker than anticipated. 5 months between winning the appeal, and having a second WCA.

(And he's just been told there's not enough evidence to pay him ESA, so he'll be starting the appeal process shortly for the second time, once the decision maker has formally passed him fit for work. 6 months between being awarded ESA and losing ESA. :sad:)

I think there may have been a misunderstanding. I meant that the time between completing ESA50 form and being called in for WCA (if indeed one is called for) is a lot longer than it used to be..I completed my one in February this year and my medical (if you want to call it that) is today and my friend completed her ESA50 two weeks before but has not heard anything about a medical!

The forms seem to be sent without relation to how long the wait may be and the wait is not even determined by time of form sending either!! I swear thay make up the rules as they go on and I do understand how that can make things so much worse for us who are ill.

I hear too often of cases where an appeal has just finished and a new form arrives for the battle to commence again! I fail to see how that is even cost-effective for the Govt or ATOS but what do I know? I am only another rat caught in the ever more confusing maze of sickness and unemployment benefits.:sad:

There is no sense in it at all is there? How can they ignore everything that happened in the appeal? I know they may say that they have to view the up to date situation but surely common sense would look at the past and how the appeal result was concluded, if for no other reason than to save them time and money? I would never expect them to consider the effect upon the claimant!:sad:

And it is interesting to note that you seem, like me, to be still having to (or choosing to?) help deal with such matters despite being an "ex" partner. Do I conclude that you are similarly "impressed" with what support he would have had without your help?:|

Hi, thanx for your replies.

Well someone has phoned back and tried to avoid answering my question as to how long I had been given back in Oct, 6 months or 12.

I had to say that they must have the info otherwise why am I receiving ESA? She then admitted that I'd been given 12 months and quickly added that I shouldn't have got the form for at least 2 months, also said that I should NOT fill in the form and that she would ensure that ATOS knew the reasons.

I feel there is something for everyone to consider here, Don't assume that they are allowing the correct amount of time between decisions, if you think it's to soon, complain, it worked for me.

As for the form coming from and going back to ATOS I'll have to research this but the last time I checked it was the DWP who decided if you should be referred to ATOS for a "medical" ( I use the term very loosely) and NOT ATOS itself.

Thanx again guys :)

Hi, thanx for your replies.

I had to say that they must have the info otherwise why am I receiving ESA? She then admitted that I'd been given 12 months and quickly added that I shouldn't have got the form for at least 2 months, also said that I should NOT fill in the form and that she would ensure that ATOS knew the reasons.

I feel there is something for everyone to consider here, Don't assume that they are allowing the correct amount of time between decisions, if you think it's to soon, complain, it worked for me.

QUOTE]

I must say that I hear alarm bells ringing as you have now to rely on the message from DWP being admitted to rather than suddenly sanctioning you for not returning your form......it is strange how they can "lose" or "forget" such matters........did you get the name of the person to whom you spoke?

Yeah, I had the same thought, I got her name and got her to send me a letter stating what, when and why. Mind you even with this I fully expect to have problem come July 20th.

Call me a cynic lol

I think there may have been a misunderstanding. I meant that the time between completing ESA50 form and being called in for WCA (if indeed one is called for) is a lot longer than it used to be..I completed my one in February this year and my medical (if you want to call it that) is today and my friend completed her ESA50 two weeks before but has not heard anything about a medical!

Oh yes, I know what you mean now. Well, last time (London area, if that makes a difference), ex-husband completed ESA50 in August 2010, and had WCA appointment in November. Approx 13 weeks. THIS time it was ESA50 completed in Feb 2012, WCA appointment in May. Again, 13 weeks. Wish it had been longer!

The forms seem to be sent without relation to how long the wait may be and the wait is not even determined by time of form sending either!! I swear thay make up the rules as they go on and I do understand how that can make things so much worse for us who are ill.

I hear too often of cases where an appeal has just finished and a new form arrives for the battle to commence again! I fail to see how that is even cost-effective for the Govt or ATOS but what do I know? I am only another rat caught in the ever more confusing maze of sickness and unemployment benefits.:sad:

There is no sense in it at all is there? How can they ignore everything that happened in the appeal? I know they may say that they have to view the up to date situation but surely common sense would look at the past and how the appeal result was concluded, if for no other reason than to save them time and money? I would never expect them to consider the effect upon the claimant!:sad:

And it is interesting to note that you seem, like me, to be still having to (or choosing to?) help deal with such matters despite being an "ex" partner. Do I conclude that you are similarly "impressed" with what support he would have had without your help?:|

I'm choosing to, as I'm closest to him and understand him and the benefits system better than any of his family/other friends. I also am a carer of sorts, having to go to his WCAs, WRAG etc with him, as well as shopping, public transport, busy places. I am pretty much appalled by the system - not blowing my trumpet, but without me he would most likely have had another breakdown (or more), be wrongfuly claiming JSA and being sanctioned for not turning up to appointments (he has social anxiety - crowded places like JCP make him ill), plus probably living with and being supported by his parents (rather than the flat he's in now) - and as much as they love him, they don't really understand the illness.

With regard to challanging the length of time - when ex-h received recent ESA50 I phoned to ask why so soon after appeal, and that he wasn't due for a review, and the reply was that he needs to fill in the form and they would decide if a review is required.

Oh yes, I know what you mean now. Well, last time (London area, if that makes a difference), ex-husband completed ESA50 in August 2010, and had WCA appointment in November. Approx 13 weeks. THIS time it was ESA50 completed in Feb 2012, WCA appointment in May. Again, 13 weeks. Wish it had been longer!

I'm choosing to, as I'm closest to him and understand him and the benefits system better than any of his family/other friends. I also am a carer of sorts, having to go to his WCAs, WRAG etc with him, as well as shopping, public transport, busy places. I am pretty much appalled by the system - not blowing my trumpet, but without me he would most likely have had another breakdown (or more), be wrongfuly claiming JSA and being sanctioned for not turning up to appointments (he has social anxiety - crowded places like JCP make him ill), plus probably living with and being supported by his parents (rather than the flat he's in now) - and as much as they love him, they don't really understand the illness.

Sounds remarkably similar to my situation having seen what a complete balls up others made and knowing first hand that his family live in Denial (nice place, or so I've heard! Lol) and have done for the 24 years I have known them. And if it anything like my experience I think you deserve to blow your trumpet because precious few others will even say anything positive?!

I know not thread related but it felt like it should be said. Not sure how to personal message or if you would be up for it?

Sounds remarkably similar to my situation having seen what a complete balls up others made and knowing first hand that his family live in Denial (nice place, or so I've heard! Lol) and have done for the 24 years I have known them. And if it anything like my experience I think you deserve to blow your trumpet because precious few others will even say anything positive?!

YES!

I know not thread related but it felt like it should be said. Not sure how to personal message or if you would be up for it?

I am shamefully and painfully c**p when it comes to replying to PMs, but they are always welcome! :)

The saddest thing about that is that counselling is meant to help you get better and I would have thought should be helping you find a way to deal with the stress!

Would a report from the Counsellor not have been possible to try and get you into the support group next time...I know it is inevitable that the form means they review you at ATOS.

The very system the Govt would have the general public (i.e those fortunate enough to be in sufficiently good mental and physical health) believe is helping the sick and disabled be motivated back into work is in many cases, from what I can see, making them sicker!:sad:

I just cannot understand why GPs and other medical professionals cannot do more and are not striking more about how their medical opinions are seemingly being overruled and ignored......

defenitly the case for me, my health took a serious regression after I had to leave my house numerous time sin a short period of time to do things like get crisis loans etc. not to mention the impact the stress had on me, I have have majot issues sleeping which in turn worsens my physical conditions when I cant sleep, I was just starting to get proper sleep periods when it all got shot to peices the moment the DWP started trouble at the start of the year.

perhaps it may be worth attempting a FOI to DWP on when these ESA50 are being sent out, my neighbour who is also on esa won her appeal 2 weeks ago, yesterday the ESA50 turned up.....it seems almost like victimisation.....you appeal or get put in the WRAG group and very soon after out comes the ESA50.....

YES!

I am shamefully and painfully c**p when it comes to replying to PMs, but they are always welcome! :)

I am still pretty much a CAG virgin :oops:and have never been on any forum before joined this so can you let me know how to go about this?

I am still pretty much a CAG virgin :oops:and have never been on any forum before joined this so can you let me know how to go about this?

Click on my username, and then click on "Send message" :)

Guest amianne
As stated above, ex-husband won appeal in December 2011, ESA50 arrived in January 2012, sent it back by mid-Feb (as per their requested date), a month or so later he received WCA appointment letter for May. Very, very quick, much quicker than anticipated. 5 months between winning the appeal, and having a second WCA.

(And he's just been told there's not enough evidence to pay him ESA, so he'll be starting the appeal process shortly for the second time, once the decision maker has formally passed him fit for work. 6 months between being awarded ESA and losing ESA. :sad:)

This benefit amuses me. I cannot get it into my head that if someone has a condition that cannot be treated, the symptoms are only helped with medication and that it is a progressive condition which is accepted by all that it will eventually lead to their death, they can be found fit for work yet 18 months earlier were considered as being unlikely ever to return to any type of job.

I can only give an example of one person that had been on long term IB, transferred over to ESA without an assessment and was placed in the Support Group for 2 years. Having recently submitted a further ESA50, had an assessment and has now been told that they are fit for work and should either get back to work or claim JSA.

The particular person, didn't appeal within the time frame and claimed JSA. They heard this week from the Jobcentre when they went in to sign on, that the JSA claim has been terminated "as evidence has come to light that you are unable to satisfy the conditions of your agreement".

When pushed, the Jobcentre said that their illness meant that they could not reasonably be expected to look for employment.

She has given up and has now put in a claim for Pension Credit (as advised by the Jobcentre) albeit it has now been 7 weeks since she received any money! She is hoping that she can backdate the claim to when they stopped her ESA. She never received any JSA!

What a result for the government. Pushed off ESA, pushed off JSA. In other words she doesn't appear any longer in the statistics!

This seems to be something that is being commented on more these days...that people can be too sick to work and yet to well for ESA....yet you would think the criteria should come from the same area and logic......