BankFodder BankFodder

benperrin87

parking ticket from november 2011 what do i do??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2843 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

okay,

so i received a parking ticket in november 2011 from a company called '14 services' at Brunels old train station in Bristol.

I was working as a contractor at the venue at the time i received the ticket.

I called 14 services and explained this to them with no results , but basically told them i will not be paying, as i felt i had no grounds to as i was working there at the time.

I had to use a paper note with my phone number and date as the venue 'ran out' of permits due to lots of contractors working at that time.

I have now received a letter stating i am to pay £190 with the threat of bailiffs if i do not comply.

what do i do?

i would be happy to let it go to court as i feel i have grounds to win but i don't know what to do.

any advice would be great.

Ben

its not a parking ticket

its a speculative invoice

ignore!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

I suggest you get written confirmation from the place you were working that that was the case, and that they ran out of pelts amd then write to the parking peole with a copy of what you get and tell them you ate not paying. Keep copies obviously.

Regarding the bailiff threat someone else will advise better but my understanding is that bailiffs are not entitled to enter private houses to take goods unless they are invited in. In any event I would think that they have to take you to court first which they will probably not do. They are just trying to frighten you

Get everything recorded in writing!!

okay,

so i received a parking ticket in november 2011 from a company called '14 services' at Brunels old train station in Bristol.

I was working as a contractor at the venue at the time i received the ticket.

I called 14 services and explained this to them with no results , but basically told them i will not be paying, as i felt i had no grounds to as i was working there at the time.

I had to use a paper note with my phone number and date as the venue 'ran out' of permits due to lots of contractors working at that time.

I have now received a letter stating i am to pay £190 with the threat of bailiffs if i do not comply.

what do i do?

i would be happy to let it go to court as i feel i have grounds to win but i don't know what to do.

any advice would be great.

Ben

Igore!

thanks everyone, i will ring them tomorrow and get written conformation of the lack of permits, was a little shocked when i opened it and it was from them 7 months on!

Igore!

Yes master? :lol:

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

thanks everyone, i will ring them tomorrow and get written conformation of the lack of permits, was a little shocked when i opened it and it was from them 7 months on!

Why bother? They have as much legal powers than you or I do. They cannot recover a fine or penalty via a legal process but they could recover losses or damages caused by you parking there. I'm pretty sure that their losses don't come anywhere near £190 so let them take you to court and try and convince the judge that in fact their 'charge' isn't a penalty.

Advice is don't contact them, ignore their letters and eventually they will go away and pick on someone else.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Thanks everyone, but I will ignore the CAG members of many thousands of posts standing who are suggesting "ignore", and go with the advise of the 1 member with 13 posts who suggests I should speak to the tealeafs and also undertake the difficult task of trying to get "evidence" I was allowed to park there.

Well done benperrins!! :lol: :lol:

I suggest you get written confirmation from the place you were working that that was the case, and that they ran out of pelts amd then write to the parking peole with a copy of what you get and tell them you ate not paying. Keep copies obviously.

Regarding the bailiff threat someone else will advise better but my understanding is that bailiffs are not entitled to enter private houses to take goods unless they are invited in. In any event I would think that they have to take you to court first which they will probably not do. They are just trying to frighten you

Get everything recorded in writing!!

please!

just ignore them

dx

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Did you give them your address when you first contacted them? If not were did they get it? A DVLA request for keepers details if for a parking charge has to come from a BPA AOS member.

However rather then worry about it, file the letters under ignore and do so!

I'll bet the letter doesn't mention bailiffs at all. But if it does, what exactly does it say?

Agree with the majority view above. Pointless telling them you're not paying. Pointless getting "evidence". It won't go to court - just ignore them.

Thanks everyone, but I will ignore the CAG members of many thousands of posts standing who are suggesting "ignore", and go with the advise of the 1 member with 13 posts who suggests I should speak to the tealeafs and also undertake the difficult task of trying to get "evidence" I was allowed to park there.

Well done benperrins!! :lol: :lol:

NO don't worry, Ignoring them is already firmly set in my mind and this will not change. I will just try to obtain evidence incase this escalates further (which i doubt)

i never gave them my address so DVLA is my guess.

You don't need any evidence of anything - really, you don't.

They will have got your details from DVLA - it's not true that they only give them to BPA AOS members. Any interested party can apply for them.

- Please, can you tell us precisely what the letter says about bailiffs?

It Basically says that this is a final notice. if i do not pay within 7 days it will be passed onto a debt recovery and litigation team.

DCA's are NOT bailiffs - just send threat-o-grams

ignore

dx

So it doesn't threaten you with bailiffs. Don't worry about it.