parking ticket from november 2011 what do i do??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

okay,

so i received a parking ticket in november 2011 from a company called '14 services' at Brunels old train station in Bristol.

I was working as a contractor at the venue at the time i received the ticket.

I called 14 services and explained this to them with no results , but basically told them i will not be paying, as i felt i had no grounds to as i was working there at the time.

I had to use a paper note with my phone number and date as the venue 'ran out' of permits due to lots of contractors working at that time.

I have now received a letter stating i am to pay £190 with the threat of bailiffs if i do not comply.

what do i do?

i would be happy to let it go to court as i feel i have grounds to win but i don't know what to do.

any advice would be great.

Ben

its not a parking ticket

its a speculative invoice

ignore!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I suggest you get written confirmation from the place you were working that that was the case, and that they ran out of pelts amd then write to the parking peole with a copy of what you get and tell them you ate not paying. Keep copies obviously.

Regarding the bailiff threat someone else will advise better but my understanding is that bailiffs are not entitled to enter private houses to take goods unless they are invited in. In any event I would think that they have to take you to court first which they will probably not do. They are just trying to frighten you

Get everything recorded in writing!!

okay,

so i received a parking ticket in november 2011 from a company called '14 services' at Brunels old train station in Bristol.

I was working as a contractor at the venue at the time i received the ticket.

I called 14 services and explained this to them with no results , but basically told them i will not be paying, as i felt i had no grounds to as i was working there at the time.

I had to use a paper note with my phone number and date as the venue 'ran out' of permits due to lots of contractors working at that time.

I have now received a letter stating i am to pay £190 with the threat of bailiffs if i do not comply.

what do i do?

i would be happy to let it go to court as i feel i have grounds to win but i don't know what to do.

any advice would be great.

Ben

thanks everyone, i will ring them tomorrow and get written conformation of the lack of permits, was a little shocked when i opened it and it was from them 7 months on!

Why bother? They have as much legal powers than you or I do. They cannot recover a fine or penalty via a legal process but they could recover losses or damages caused by you parking there. I'm pretty sure that their losses don't come anywhere near £190 so let them take you to court and try and convince the judge that in fact their 'charge' isn't a penalty.

Advice is don't contact them, ignore their letters and eventually they will go away and pick on someone else.

thanks everyone, i will ring them tomorrow and get written conformation of the lack of permits, was a little shocked when i opened it and it was from them 7 months on!

Thanks everyone, but I will ignore the CAG members of many thousands of posts standing who are suggesting "ignore", and go with the advise of the 1 member with 13 posts who suggests I should speak to the tealeafs and also undertake the difficult task of trying to get "evidence" I was allowed to park there.

Well done benperrins!! :lol: :lol:

I suggest you get written confirmation from the place you were working that that was the case, and that they ran out of pelts amd then write to the parking peole with a copy of what you get and tell them you ate not paying. Keep copies obviously.

Regarding the bailiff threat someone else will advise better but my understanding is that bailiffs are not entitled to enter private houses to take goods unless they are invited in. In any event I would think that they have to take you to court first which they will probably not do. They are just trying to frighten you

Get everything recorded in writing!!

please!

just ignore them

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'll bet the letter doesn't mention bailiffs at all. But if it does, what exactly does it say?

Agree with the majority view above. Pointless telling them you're not paying. Pointless getting "evidence". It won't go to court - just ignore them.

Thanks everyone, but I will ignore the CAG members of many thousands of posts standing who are suggesting "ignore", and go with the advise of the 1 member with 13 posts who suggests I should speak to the tealeafs and also undertake the difficult task of trying to get "evidence" I was allowed to park there.

Well done benperrins!! :lol: :lol:

NO don't worry, Ignoring them is already firmly set in my mind and this will not change. I will just try to obtain evidence incase this escalates further (which i doubt)

You don't need any evidence of anything - really, you don't.

They will have got your details from DVLA - it's not true that they only give them to BPA AOS members. Any interested party can apply for them.

- Please, can you tell us precisely what the letter says about bailiffs?

DCA's are NOT bailiffs - just send threat-o-grams

ignore

dx

and they