Statutory demand set aside from ccj issued without my knowledge should I pursue the same for ccj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I received a statutory demand in late Dec 2011 for over £10,000 which was set aside on the request of the legal department of the company pursuing the money. I informed them that I had no knowledge of any outstanding debt or subsequent court proceedings and explained that it must have been a family member who had used the account without my knowledge who had since been witholding the correspondence from me as it was not sent to my address but to my deceased parents house where I had previously lived and where they now reside. The guy who served the statutory declaration told me that they had been used to track me in order to serve document as it was thought that I had disapeared (mortgage, council tax, electoral roll) lord lucan I am not.

Since early Jan 2012 just prior to Statutory demand being set aside I requested an explanation from the company identifying the facts, and what they intended to do in order to rectify the situation. The guy I was dealing with said it was his priority to have statutory demand set aside and that he would look into this further. I have not heard anything since, and considering that it is a fairly large sum of money which I dont have it is something I could do without. I feel certain that the legal department spoke to the local guys at this end and that they have confirmed to them my version of events, and that was why they were keen to have statutory demant set aside.

Is it wise to follow this up?

What is the best way to go about this?

I dont particularly want to cause problems for family member but this is a worrying situation any help/thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi diddled,

I'm sure others with more expert knowledge will be along to assist you. In the meantime it may be worth having this moved into the 'Legal forum' instead.

Click on the black triangle and ask a mod to move it for you.

Also it may be helpful if you could verify that the SD was in-fact set-aside. Did you confirm this with the courts?

G

Hello,

In respone to your query I did receive an order stating that demand was set aside.

I submitted an application to have it set aside and was sent anconsent order from claimants in house legal guy which I signed so it could be submitted to the court. He said that he would address tm concerns I had raised in my witness statement this was early Jan 2012 and was the last I have heard.

Cheers

They may realise now that you weren't the debtor. Who set aside the demand ? you say 'local guys at this end' ? and he would address'tm' concerns ? I think you will find that you may not hear anything from them again.

Hello,

tm, that was a spelling mistake. I do apologise.

I had assumed that was the case with regards to not hearing anything, but now have a ccj for approx £12,000 and was thinking that I could do without it.

Are these things easily reversible?

What would be the procedure?

What consequences would this have on family member? though not realy a big concern.

cheers.

Hello,

I did not know about it untill service of the statutory demand.

I have asked for all the information with regards to this to be provided by their legal guy in January this year when I sent back the consent order to have demand set aside and have not heard anything since.

Cheers.