Enforcement of judgment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before I spend any more money getting a judgement enforced for small claim of 350, should I write to dry cleaners one last time to get them to pay up? They have not responded to any of my letters or responded to any court correspondence. What should such a letter contain .

Thread moved to Legal Issues.

Might be an idea to give the history of this so that the guys advising will have some background information :-)

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thread moved to Legal Issues.

Might be an idea to give the history of this so that the guys advising will have some background information :-)

In June 2010 I had carpet cleaned by a local dry cleaner. It is a lovely rug which I have had for 20 years and I have had it dry cleaned twice a year with no problems, but by a different dry cleaning company..

When they returned the rug all the colours in it had run. I visited them on several occasions speaking to at least 3 different "managers" but was fobbed off. I then wrote 3 letters stating my case for some compensation from them, but they were not acknowledged. I submitted my case to the small claims court and then waited! Finally this February I requested a judgement and received it in May ..basically a copy of the form they send the defendant requesting them to pay the £330 by May 22nd.

They have not contacted me or made any attempt to pay the cost. So now I am faced with the dilemma as to whether to carry on and ask for an enforcement of the judgement. I have tried in vain to find out the actual name and one address of the proprietor as I understand the bailiffs are unable to take items which are needed for the business.

As things stand I may pay out more money for the enforcement of the judgement, but get nothing back. Is it worth writing to the dry cleaners again stating my intention of enforcing the judgement ? I don't even care about the compensation anymore, I just don't want them to feel they can get away with this!, many thanks for any response you can give.

Edited by citizenB

is it a limited company or a sole trader who you wish to persue?

is the judgement against a sole trader or a limited company?

the reason I ask is if this is a small operation you may have got a judgement against a atrading name rather than the owner

is it a limited company or a sole trader who you wish to persue?

is the judgement against a sole trader or a limited company?

the reason I ask is if this is a small operation you may have got a judgement against a atrading name rather than the owner

Yes...the name on the judgement is the name of the company as I did not have name of manager/proprietor. Can't find any listing in Companies house . Believe it is a sole trader as no Ltd after their name on signage or business card which just has business phone number.

You may struggle to enforce that Order.

It should be Mr John Smith T/A Smithy Dry Cleans for example if it is a sole trader.

You may struggle to enforce that Order.

It should be Mr John Smith T/A Smithy Dry Cleans for example if it is a sole trader.

I may have to do some detective work to find out the manager's name then...but don't hold out much hope. Thanks for your input ! :-)