A message from beyond, perhaps!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sadly my mother passed away in December of last year. It was very sudden and very unexpected. For my birthday in the October before, she gave me a Peace lilly, I love plants.

After my mother passed, I didnt really take care of my plants very well, especially the peace lilly, in fact I didnt look after anything too well.

However, my plants carried on thriving, including my peace lilly and one day noticed that it had a bud struggling up out of the withered looking leaves. So I decided then that I should do something about it and gathered up all my plants, re potted them gave them all a new lease of life, hoping that they would survive.

Im happy to say they have, all of them are healthy looking plants now.

I was sitting here today, just thinking of my mum as I often do every day. My mum loved butterflies, she often included them in her poetry and had little ornaments and broaches of them around her home.

I looked over at the peace lilly and wondered how the new buds were coming along, I noticed that a strange white shape was poking up through the leaves so went to take a closer look.

To my surprise the struggling bud that I had first seen had taken on a very strange shape. As I turned the pot round I could see that the flower had taken on the shape of a white butterfly as you can see here;

scaled.php?server=441&filename=59850340025849416031552.jpg&res=landing

A message from my mother perhaps that she is at peace? who knows, but I have to say that I have found this most comforting.

Just thought I would share this with you all and let you make up your own minds.

Perhaps some one may know why my lilly has taken on such a strange shape.

Thats really lovely,:-)

It reminds me of my mum as well, as I gave her a Peace Lily for her last birthday (which was also in October) she died a few months later, but 11 years later it is still flowering even though my father dosnt really do much with it. Its the only indoor flower he has as he is away so often.

Must be something about Peace Lilys.

Thank you for posting this

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Seanamarts, a butterfly or the butterfly symbol is a sure sign that a spirit, especially that of a loved one is around! As are birds, all different kinds of birds, but mostly Robins and Blackbirds.

You are so lucky to have this gift in the form of the plant your Mum bought you :hug:

It must have been a terrible shock and loss for you, but I believe they never leave us, I believe they live their afterlife parallel with ours, popping by now and again to let us know they're around.

Don't forget to look out for other signs, especially now it's coming up to a year - quite often our loved ones will "leave us to grieve", and once they know we're becoming stronger, we notice the signs.

What a lovely thread, I will share some of my experiences with you one day Seanamarts {{hug}}

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

it is, when my grand-daughter first passed she kept giving us signs that she was alright but now it is not so much,I like to think she is busy helping all the other baby Angels that have passed over (btw) this is bob's other half!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019