Vauxhall warranty promise?????

Vyppa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Mum bought a year old vectra two years ago and we have just noticed she was sold a warranty promise....i have asked the main dealer (perrys) what it is and they've gone all shy (it cost £500)...it was for one years cover but we never received any pack and they are intimating that it was a promise to carry out work under factory warranty

Can anyone enlighten me or is it as it seems...mums been ripped off ???:mad2:.....next step is customer complaints me think

thanks in advance

No work done under the warranty because we never knew it was there....perry's say that it is added on to the manufacturers warranty and would have been asked for (it never was mentioned from either side) ..... they say since it has been running for 6 months they will, as a gesture of goodwill, service the car for me (cost of £99) but thats as much as they will do

So what does it actually cover???

Is there any work or services that would have been covered by it.

Is an extended repair/parts warranty to cover repairs?

suggest you ask for the documents and details of what you have actually paid for or your money back!

They say its a warranty extension and started last december, i never knew it was there or it had been sold else i would have challenged earlier, there is no supporting warranty pack or paperwork and never was .... it seems they're claiming it covers what vauxhall covered, we never wanted nor asked for it and certainly didn't want to pay £500 for it, Vauxhall say its nothing to do with them

agreed Ray, but its a motability car and my mum is totally blind in one eye and partially sighted in the other......she asked what the invoice said and was told it was 'just an invoice for the car' ...... the sales manager says they don't always give out paperwork with their warranty's ................. Perry's claim they don't even know what the car was being advertised for because 'they price cars differently each day'

Does sound a bit dodgy, agreed.

What are your options though, have you made a complaint officially in writting to Director of Co. that you had been mislead?

Suggest you try something more formal and give circumstances of your Mother and see what they say.

I pressume she does not drive, but you do.

If that was her condition, was not somebody with her at the time for advise?

Edited by raydetinu

thats the rub....because its motability only the salesman and my mum can be present because motability send a 4 digit code and no one else was allowed in the room.....i just never checked the invoice...my stupidity i suppose

it was a year old when bought, the 'warranty' was to tag on after the 3 year manufacturers warranty ran out ..... they now claim whether it wasn't wanted or not we should have raised the issue earlier