Advice needed regarding ParkingEye notice please !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise ? I have a company car from a lease company who have forwarded to my employer several payment demands from ParkingEye. I apparantly overstayed the 2 hour free period at Charnock Richard motorway services by 55 minutes, although I would estimate it was around 30 minutes. I have now received several Parking Charge Notices demanding payment up to £120 including an admin fee. I have read forums about Parking Eye and have so far ignored the notices, but they continue to come and I am getting worried! Parking Eye do not know my name or personal details, nor do the lease company. Should I enter into any communication with them ? One forum suggests to write to offer payment of what the parking would have cost (in this case £8) so if the case went to court I can show I have made a reasonable offer. I could do this without giving my personal details since my car is leased. I am worried that this will escalate and I will be liable for hundreds of pounds ! Can someone help and advise if ParkingEye can legally enforce this Parking Charge Notice ? Thanks !

This is a non enforceable invoice, you are safe to ignore them, they will be very hard pushed to even get a judge to entertain them, least of all bring a successful case against you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the reply, I hope that this is the end of it. Ironic that I spent a significant amount of money at the services at the time, these companies shouldn't be alowed to try and rip people off

Don't give them £8. Don't give them anything and don't contact them.

They are powerless and you owe them nothing. Totally ignore them and they will give up.

The only danger I can see is that the lease company or your employer decide unilaterally to pay up, and then they might be able to get the money back from you. If I were you I would check your contracts and if needs be, keep them in the loop.

• 2 weeks later...

Following on from my last post....I have taken all advice and only wrote to parking eye to advise that I didn't acknowledge any contract with them or any debt. I only wrote as I didn't want my lease company to get involved or my company to make payment on my behalf. Now received ANOTHER letter from PE saying my 'appeal' was unsuccessful?! and that non payment of fine will lead to enforcement action. Can this happen ? I am getting worried now. I have told my lease company that I have taken appropriate advice and will not accept the fine. I think the lease company will eventually give PE my personal details. What should I do from here ? Help!!!!! This is about the 5th letter i've received now

Seriously there is NOTHING to be worried about, this is NOT a parking ticket, they can do NOTHING.

Just file the letters away under ignore, the cannot take any enforcement action, not legally anyway.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The contract will no doubt refer to penalty notices issued under the RTA etc. Parking Charge Notices issued by private companies DO NOT come under that umbrella so your leasing co should not pay them. The problem is though, like most car hire/rental co's, they may not know that and will simply pay up.

Problem continues as my lease company have contacted me to say they are going to pass my details to parking eye as the named driver. Does this mean that I will be liable to pay ? All threads I've read say PE do not have a case if they can't identify driver of the vehicle. I know advise is to not communicate at all but I only wrote to PE to try and avoid more payment demands / admin costs from the lease company, I gave my registration number but not my personal details. Worried now that they will have a case - can anyone advise what I should do ?

Problem continues as my lease company have contacted me to say they are going to pass my details to parking eye as the named driver. Does this mean that I will be liable to pay ? All threads I've read say PE do not have a case if they can't identify driver of the vehicle. I know advise is to not communicate at all but I only wrote to PE to try and avoid more payment demands / admin costs from the lease company, I gave my registration number but not my personal details. Worried now that they will have a case - can anyone advise what I should do ?

Why...? They have absolutely no legal obligation to do so. Have you told the leasing co that you are not giving them permission to disclose your details?

I have told them I have checked my company car policy and that I am responsibly for parking fines, but this is not a legally enforcable fine so I am not prepared to pay it. The problem is they can pass admin fees to me to pass on any correspondance relating to the car. I haven't been with my employer long so don't really want to get them involved as all this communication is going on via my HR department. Help !

In my oppinion you could tell the lease company to pass your details to parking eye, that then takes the lease company out of the loop.

Parking eye will then send you their demands for your money which you can then safely IGNORE and not worry about the lease company putting on admin costs.

Just because a PPC knows who the driver is doesnt suddenly make their demands payable.

Read around this forum some more and you will soon get the idea.

hello all:-)

Lease company has no input here as they are just the registered keeper of the vehicle, they can name you as the user and as far as they are aware the driver but that does not mean to say you were.

If the lease company are giving you stick then tell them to pass your details to Parking Eye and then sit back and ignore the pile of waste paper that comes through your letterbox.

Advise leasing company that if they pass on your details to a civil company with no powers whatsoever, they will be breachuing the Data Protection Act and could end up in serious trouble. It would be like some poster demanding your details from one of the mods!

Parking eye are a blatant rip off! I got one yesterday from last week, when we were driving down the motorway and we couldn't keep our eyes open. We pulled off into the services (like all the signs and adverts suggest) parked up and fell asleep. An hour and half later, we woke up feeling better, then drove to the opposite side of the car park, parked up again, went inside and bought lunch and coffee (paid a fortune too). It was only when I came out that I noticed it was a pay and display car park, (no ticket issued on car though). 2 hours were free, we had stayed 2 hours and 19 minutes in total! THIS LETTER IS FILED UNDER IGNORE

consumeractiongroup.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Now received FINAL NOTICE which states that unless I pay £120 they threaten instructing solicitors, court action and even bailiffs ! I am now officially worried. Lease company and employer are just sending letters directly to me so that's not causing a problem but I really don't want to worry about any of the above. Letter comes from PA's legal department. Help would be appreciated !

What can they take you to court for? They cannot legally recover a penalty through the court system so how are they going to convince a judge that their 'charge' isn't in fact a penalty? Is their charge proportionate to the price of a P & D ticket at the services? Of course it isn't because it was free parking which means their 'losses' were zero.

They could go down the contractual law route but first they must identify the driver (the person who entered the 'contract') and then again, they will need to still explain their charges.

Their letter is designed to intimidate you into paying. In the unlikely event of you getting an officially stamped county court claim drop through your door, come back and tell us but until then, IGNORE.

Carry on ignoring. You are doing fine so far! Only take notice if by some very remote chance you get a summons from Northampton and then make sure it is the genuine article and not one done by "Court Proceedings Ltd.