• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Printer Not Fit For Purpose?

Crofter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

have tried to search to see if anyone else has had same issue but haven't managed to find anything.

After reviewing many printers, I bought a Kodak ESP 3250 from PC World 8th Jan 2011.

Beginning of June 2011 after changing ink cartridges the printer developed an error message that would not clear,

so I contacted Kodak support team for help.

After following all instructions and nothing working they sent me a replacement printer 17th June 2011.

October 2011 the printer developed the same fault so I contacted Kodak again,

this time Kodak offered a replacement printhead stating

'I would also like to inform you that we have implemented several changes to our product and manufacturing processes. T

he latest printhead include these changes, and we are confident about it because we are getting positive feedback.

With this solution, the printers typically begin to function normally,

producing the high-quality images you expected when purchasing the product.'

The printhead lasted 6 months,

May 2012 and any black printing is illegible.

I have since read several further reviews of this printer and a lot of people appear to have had the same issues.

I complained to Kodak stating I did not want any further replacements just my money back as the printer is clearly not fit for purpose,

naturally they are not the ones to refund me and they rightfully pointed me in the direction of PC World.

PC World have told me that while the printer is in warranty I have to go back to the Manufaturer.

Can anyone please advise me as to how I can get my money refunded.

Thanks. :???:

nothing to do with any warranty

under SOGA it was unfit for purpose.

i'd contact this person.........

you will not be able to PM

this gent

please follow the info below:

Hi Guys,

you can contact me at http://getsatisfaction.com/curryspcworld/

I will be able to chat to you further from there.

Kind Regards,

PaulThe KNOWHOW Team

or

Thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forum.

I am sorry to read of the trouble that you have experienced

If you would like to email me at [email protected] with your agreement details and postal details and tel number,

I will look into this for you to see what I can do to resolve this.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Crofter,

Thanks for posting. If you would like to email me at [email protected] and include the date or purchase and the full date of exchange. Please also include your full address and postcode, telephone number. I will bring your details up and look into what can be done to get this resolved for you.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

I wonder how long a printer is expected to last ?. Ive gone through quite a few, some are very cheap (£20-£30) range, so maybe it could be argued they arnt expected to last long, in fact some are even cheaper than the cost of the cartridges inside !..

Andy

well not really as in all truth, the item WAS faulty.

its not as if kodak would be called liars as there was no faults to fix

just probably followed the stickers on the device.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No I don't think so, a Court wouldn't see it that way :-

'PC World have told me that while the printer is in warranty I have to go back to the Manufaturer.'

Wouldn't going direct to Kodak twice have jeopardised any potential claim under the SOGA?

Hi Paul

I did email PC World and it was the KNOW-HOW Team who rang me and said they could do nothing it was up to Kodak. Case ref PCW1502228CR for full details. So are you now saying that I can get a refund from PC World?

Any info on what to do next would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Crofter

I have found your details on our system.

As the item is still under the manufactures warranty our team would look to repair the product and if the item can not be repaired then we would look to exchange the item for you.

On your previous contact with us my colleague Leanne advised, As Kodak have sent out an alternative printer head that carries a 1 years warranty. We would look to get the item in for an assessment and then repair before we agreed to an exchange of product.

Should you wish to not accept the information I have provided you are more than welcome to speak to Kodak about the possibility of another exchange, but as your post above states you are looking for a refund. If you call our team on 0844 561 1234 (local rate) we will be able to book your printer in for a collection and repair.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

Hi Paul

Thank you for your offer, however I am far from happy as I still believe that this printer is not fit for purpose and I have lost all confidence in this particular model being able to fulfill my expectations of a working printer. This is borne out by it having been operational for no more than 6 months or less at a time before something goes wrong.

My alternative proposal is that I am offered a credit note to the value I initially paid for the printer so that I can buy another make which hopefully will fulfill my expectations of having a working printer, even if I have to pay more.

I would add the hassle suffered since having bought this printer has not been recognised as, even your latest offer will include further inconvenience of having it repaired.

If PC World are adamant that the only option open to me is repair then I would like to have an assurance in writing that should this printer fail again within 12 months I will definitely be entitled to a refund/exchange/credit note.

regards

Crofter

Hi Crofter,

Thank you for taking the time to get back in contact with me.

I do appreciate that you do not want to be without this item as it is relied on. Unfortunately I am not able to comply with your request's, we do need to be able to test your product in our repair environment and attempt to repair the item. If we are unable to repair the item within a reasonable amount of time (28 days) then we will look at replacing the product for you.

Should we repair the item and it develops another fault within 12 months we will have to take that when the time comes. I am under no authority to be able to say we will replace it if it gets another fault within that time frame. No one within our company will provide you with that assurance, as a bunch of different factors could be the result of the fault.

Please accept my apologies that I have been unable to comply with your request if you call our team on 0844 561 1234 (local rate) they will be able to advise you of the repair route that you need to take.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team

Hi Paul

:mad2: This might give you an indication of how I feel right now. I have just spent time and money on a wasted phone call to the number you quoted above. I could not get any reference as to my conversation, just a name, Kyle, who informed me that as this is still in Manufacturer's warranty it cannot be booked in for repair, I have to contact Kodak. When I challenged that statement against your response above stating that because it was in warranty PC World would look to test and repair if possible, on advice from his manager Kyle told me I had to phone th local branch and discuss with them.

So what am I supposed to do now apart from another waste of more time, money and effort repeating the whole sorry saga yet again.

regards

Crofter

Hi Crofter,

If you would like to email me at [email protected] and include your full address, date of purchase, store number and receipt details, I will be able to bring up your purchase details and I should be able to advise you the route we need to take to resolve this problem.

All the best,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team

Hi Paul

I already did email you at that address - to ask you to reply to this thread! So thank you in that respect, however, I would point out that all the details you have asked for, yet again, were sent to PC World Customer Services ref PCW1499646CR - which by your own admission you found details of on your system.

The email to PC World also contained a mobile number, so I guess I will wait, yet again, for you to contact me.

regards

Crofter

Hi Crofter,

The email ref that you have supplied does not have any of your personal details so I will be unable to assist you further until you send me the required info.

Kind Regards.

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team

• 2 months later...

please stop just resurecting old threads to take the mick

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: