Sue72

Trying to understand Equifax report

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2702 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please can someone try to help me understand a few points on my credit report?

Under Credit Searches, there are no searches present.

Under Other Searches I have a large number of "Consumer Letters Enquiries. All dated this year.

I am wondering if these searches were caused by me constantly phoning and writing to Equifax to try to get my report. (It took 4 months of hard work to get it.)

I also have some searches at the end of last year and the beginning of this year from agencies, Capita Hartshead Tracing Solutions (for two addresses) and Financial processing UK Ltd.

As these agencies are clearly looking for me, does that mean that those debts won't become statute barred at the end of six years?

There is also mention of an address that my husband used while he was commuting. This mention gives the tenure and the price paid for the property. As far as I am aware, my husband only rented a room in the flat, so why would the report show the purchase price?

Sorry to ask again, but I'm really worried. Can anyone help with my questions please?

Just because someone is searching your credit files, does not mean that your debts will not become statute barred at the time they should.

You would have to acknowledge ownership/liability for the debt either in writing or by payment for the SB clock to restart.

Many DCAs will argue that limitation accrues from the time when the "default notice" is issued. It does not.

Limitation clock starts ticking from when the payment is due and not paid not when they send a default notice.

We see often that CRA entries will date 5 or 6 months ahead of when the payment was missed.

People need to be sure that they aren’t being hoodwinked and that the DCA is extending limitation so they can sue when they are not allowed to.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you. That's reassuring.

Would you have any idea why the property where my husband was renting a room should show on my file? I'm wondering if there is something there that he hasn't told me about.

I imagine because there is an association between you and your husband (well there would be wouldnt there :lol)

If I am incorrect, I am sure that others will be along to advise differently :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

LOL! Yes there is, but is it normal for them to put the purchase price of a property that neither of us own?

LOL! Yes there is, but is it normal for them to put the purchase price of a property that neither of us own?

Ooer, I dont know.. is that what they did. I will flag your thread for the advice of Site team who are more experienced in this area..

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

They probably assume he may own (after their Track and Trace) it with regards to security as an option, their Land registry search would state otherwise.Not sure the CRA should be reporting data on someone elses property though!!!

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks. That's reassuring.

No that dedinitely should not be on there!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Do you think it will cause a problem Brigadier? Is there anything I should do about it?

Hi, I would suggest that you address this with a formal complaint

to the Data Controller at the Credit Reference Agency.

eg.,

Formal Complaint.

Dear Sir or Madam,

It has come to my notice that an entry on my credit files refers to a property

which I/we DO NOT OWN or have any financial interest in.

(give details here and screen print of entry)

I therefore REQUIRE you to remove this data from the files immediately.

This entry is in now way connected to my personal credit history.

I am fully prepared to report this matter to the Information Commissioner

Office if you fail to comply.

Send RD>

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: