Help pls! licence revoked? police seize car!

j800lst
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was convicted of having no insurance recently after a mix up with insurance companies. As a new driver i was given 6 penalty points. Yesterday (sat 16 june 2012) i received a letter from dvla saying my licence would be revoked with effect from 5 days from date of letter (13 june 2012).

I was stopped by police at 01.00 hours today and they told me my car was not insured. I explained i had a short term policy cover with ecar from 16 june until 19 june and proved this on ipad via emails from ecar. Then they said my licence was revoked. I explained i got the letter yesterday and it said 5 days? They have seized my car! I found the letter from dvla and contacted police.

They came to my house i went outside gave them the letter and insurance proof. They were very rude and said it was the 18 june today; i explained there was no time on letter and 18 june surely lasts until 11.59 this evening? They just drove off? Basically i just need to know where i stand and if the 5 day warning of revokement of licence is inclusive so i can get my car released! P.s i am not a boy racer; i am 40 and me and my family are already being harassed by police after a recent complaint not directly relating to myself.

Thanks in advance julieI

Edited by Conniff