userage

Laptop repair also refused by Know How

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2162 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well.. Court case is filed. I'll await a reply now..

They finally sent me a decent reply..

I got £120 back for the remaining 2 years of my insurance, and a detailed report including technicians report on why my laptop was refused repair. They also said they will refund my court fee if I choose to change my mind..

Court case is still going on. I haven't heard anything in almost a month, should I call the court to see whats up or just wait it out?

Interesting one this. I for one now refuse out right to spend any money at Curry's Digital or PC World. The sales staff are not to blame it is the company training package as well as targets for the staff. I once over heard a sales guy telling a couple that the "extended warranty" would cover the fridge (it was an £800 unit) and said "If after a year it breaks down, that's it, its just scrap.... This is when I had to speak up and interrupted asking what about the SOGA? Unfortunately I don't know the outcome if the couple bought it or not, as I was removed from the store.

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

no its not!

you paid under the instructions that it was covered for 'anything'

don't give up!

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

well i was about to go to court with them but the court wanted fees so i thought forget it

Come on dx, no insurance policy covers anything. All will exclude neglect or misuse and you would be very naive if you took it out thinking anything different.

sure but

you watch the watchdog video and one of the questions was exactly akin to this damage.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets