Laptop repair also refused by Know How

userage
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Userage,

Under the agreement details it is stated that the agreement that you have is not an insurance.

Also for you to benefit from the agreement would also remove any right you have to getting a full refund.

The service would have provided its full intent and purpose, you damaged the item and we repaired it. Accidental damage is not covered under SOGA or any 1 year warranty.

The company would not honour your request for a full refund for the service agreement as you would have clearly used the service

and then claimed you didn't know what you was signing up for.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they talking xxxxxxx again! if the flood gates open they will have to start repaying everyone just like the Banks!

the Banks soad no to start off with! now look at them!

They just love to scare people, or try to.

Small claims court all the way, reclaim, reclaim!

they talking **** again! if the flood gates open they will have to start repaying everyone just like the Banks!

the Banks soad no to start off with! now look at them!

They just love to scare people, or try to.

Small claims court all the way, reclaim, reclaim!

please dont give miss leading advice

to reclaim it you would need to be able to show it was miss sold as it was never needed

if hes used it for a repair when out of warrenty or as now when they have tried to claim for accidental damage then the warrenty has been used so obviously was not miss sold

also to point out its not sold as insurance but as a service agreement

oh and BTW ive reported your post due to the use of language

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I've only subscribed to this thread to advise on an alternative way of backing up data, but feel I should add my 2p's worth.

When I bought my new TV the sales assistant tried (so desperately) to sell me WEH cover.

The sales guy said "What will happen if one of your children threw something at the TV and it broke? WEH would cover you."

That statement seems to be a lie,

so I'm sure there are cases of this being missold....

and I bet the salesman that sold to userage would have said "oh yeah that's covered" if he described the scenario that has happened.

.. thats what sales guys do...

they say whatever the customer wants to hear (especially if they are getting pressured into hitting targets).

Obviously when it comes out to forking out for the repair or replacement it makes sense for WEH to try to wriggle out of it.

Personally, I would expect the WEH policy to do what is advertised,

and if I didn't receive the support I was promised I would be taking this to court for the value of a "like for like" replacement.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

thank you labrat,

it was late and i didn't realise i used any language,

the policy hasn't been used because they as usual refused to do it!

so MISS SOLD still stands,

as they thought and i bet was also told the policy would cover anything, so fight them for all you can get!

These policys are c--p ( that's the word i used before, only edited this time) they try to get out almost every time without paying.

I was told it was insurance, when clearly its a service agreement. Doesn't that mean its mis-sold?

Edit: nvm that, am I able to cancel the agreement and claim back some of the money?

Edited by userage

i have it good authority that these 'policies'

are seriously being looked at by the powers the be.

it's gonna be the next big reclaim things since PPI if it takes off.

the basis of any of these 'products' is a very vage 'promise' by the sales staff that is the 'be all and end all'

of protecting your product.

ITS NOT!

IMHO yes reclaim paid or stop the future payments.

utterly worthless.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Time I gave them is about to pass, will be filling the court case in a few days.

I just got the laptop back from PCWorld and having a look at it myself, their 'engineers' have broken screws off as if they forcefully yanked the plastic off.. And I'm the one who abuses the laptop.. -__-

Do you have before and after pictures?

Only after, They didn't bother screwing the covers back on. Its only a small part where the plastic is chipped anyway. But the workers at PCWorld said they will happily be witness to say I didn't hand it in like how I got it returned.

I'm going to wait till the 1st before I fill off the claim.

EDIT:

If Currys wins the Court claim what could happen? I wouldn't have to pay them anything would I?

Edited by userage

I always thought that you may be asked to pay the other parties solicitors costs? Didn't you drop the laptop, how can you be sure which parts were damaged and which weren't when you dropped it. I'm guessing it was a bad drop by the sounds of it

I thought no solicitors were involved in a small claims court? And it wasn't just the drop, it was the liquid damage too. I know the hard drive failed along with the RAM at least. When I got it back there was slight amounts over the south bridge of the CPU so there is a chance it may have caused problems there.

+ If you copy and paste the program files it works just as good, it saves me having to download them all over again

No it doesn't, not in my experience anyway.. Every time I've known people do it, you get missing file errors. I just prefer to reinstall, fresh and clean. Unless we are talking dodgy programs here?

Not sure on solicitors here, just what I read. I'm sure other peeps can advise 100%.

I've done it numerous times, It does depend on the program of course, but my Adobe ones seem to be fine, but I can't copy and paste my Autodesk ones for reasons you listed.

Ok thanks

Here's some info:-

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/law_e/law_legal_system_e/law_taking_legal_action_e/small_claims.htm

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/making-a-complaint/taking-a-dispute-to-the-small-claims-court/

Is there a section on these forums for Small Claims Court cases? I've been looking but can't find it. Just want to some help in going through the process.

Yes, the LBA should go to head office.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Send it to their 'Registered Office' Recorded.

Do you guys think I should resend the LBA to the head Dixons office? Since I sent it to Gary Perryments office :/ Would that do any difference? Or shall I just go ahead and open the claim

Currys assistant told me whilst my wife was purchasing a lap top, It is the LAW I have to inform you about the extra service available, what rubbish, if she did not get upset because I asked the assistant (youg kid) show me where that Legislation is, still waiting 2 years later.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Maybe he meant 'law unto themselves':madgrin:

Currys assistant told me whilst my wife was purchasing a lap top, It is the LAW I have to inform you about the extra service available, what rubbish, if she did not get upset because I asked the assistant (youg kid) show me where that Legislation is, still waiting 2 years later.

Just head it 'Legal Department', address is fine.

Does anyone have a name I should adress it to? CEO maybe?

Dixons Retail plc,

Maylands Avenue,

Hemel Hempstead,

Herts,

HP2 7TG

This is the head office address right?

You'll have to give them at least 7 days to open the letter, so 14 days is a better bet.

Ok thanks. Sorry to be a nuisance, is 7 days too short to allow a deadline? On the Which guide it says no shorter than 14 days.