style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2675 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If I wish to leave a broadband provider (Sky in this case) but don't want to sign up with another (as I'm switching to mobile broadband) do I need to request a MAC code? What happens to my account if I don't request a MAC code?

You only need a mac code if you are changing to another dsl system not a mobile BB provider.

It might be useful to obtain it in case you need it in the future.

This might be useful to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_Authorisation_Code

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Thanks - am I right in thinking that they're only valid for a limited time? What would happen if I did not request it but then wanted to take out another broadband package at a leter date?

When I moved into my new house around 3 years ago I tried setting up my BB and was told I needed the mac code as there was "already a product on the line". So I phoned BT and they provided me with the code no problem.:-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

To Cancel :-

Phone sky on 08442 410 266 and give them 30 days notice. Follow the conversation up with a letter to :-

Sky Subscribers Services Limited

Customer Care Department

PO Box 99

Kirton Campus

Livingston

West Lothian

EH54 7PR

Are you cancelling the telephone line aswell?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Mac codes are only valid for 30 days once issued and are only used to switch broadband providers. If you don't want to switch, then you need to inform your current ISP that you no longer want an internet connection.

Be warned though, you will be liable for any cancellation charges, or contracted time remaining per your contract.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D