Some Advice Please- County Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am in need of some advice please regarding a county court claim against me

I won a competition for a prize which I sold onto someone ( prize was for a service ) but unfortunately the company went into administration, this has led to the prize not being honoured. I had since used the money to pay off some debts ( as was not expecting the company to collapse )

My question is I have 14 days to respond but had set up a transfer for the end of the week anyway ( when I get paid ) is that the best way still to do this? or am I better sending a cheque/ bankers draft?

Also if I can then show its paid do I still send the forms off? and does that still count as a judgement against me on my credit file?

Many thanks

Not been in this situation before- bit scary

She? won a prize valued at £4,000 and sold it to a third party for £2,400. The money was paid over but the company collapsed before the prize arrived so it wasn't handed over and the £2.400 is spent so can't be returned.

That's what it says to me.

Hiya Coniff,

Yeah thats pretty much it, the prize arrived and I sold it on, they were then confirmed by the company but it went into administration afterwards, contacted Consumer Direct etc but not a lot they could do

Have arranged to transfer money later this week ( when paid ) but wanted to know if I keep that in place or if I am better sending payment to them by cheque?

Six of one and half a dozen of the other I think. If you send them a cheque, they might bank it before your funds have gone in and that would really upset them. Unless you can guarantee that the funds would be available when the cheque was presented, then you are better off doing a bank transfer at the end of the week. Payments are instant now so leave your account and enters their account within minutes.

That way, you know it is in there and can send back your forms saying bill paid. There will be court fees as well of course.

I trust you have sent a claim to the administrators.

Thanks Coniff,

Yes we are taking action against them, been told its unlikely anything will come of it though which is a shame

Will leave it as it is then thanks

Just a quick question regarding it, do I then fill the form in saying I admit it but saying its already paid?

Also does this get logged against me on my file?

Thanks for all your help