Frustrated Customer v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wish I banked with the Nationwide. I think LloydsTSB tend to be the worst in the "waiting game"

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Just wanted to say I'm in exactly the same position as you, halifax intend to defend, and I am waiting for their defence or money (hopefully last option). Good luck, we will get our money back!! Also interested in claims that have defaulted. Anybody any experience to help us?

I wish I banked with the Nationwide. I think Lloyds TSB tend to be the worst in the "waiting game"

I've just sent Lloyds TSB an SAR for my old credit card, let's see how long they take.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

Halifax have until Thursday to acknowledge mine. After ringing them I gather a letter has been sent out to me today...............

Let us know what the letter says as I am in two minds if to ring them or not, or just file a judgement on Thursday (They have till Wednesday to respond) or just file.

I suspect it will be the standard acknowledgement letter saying they will defend but it is not commercially viable to do so and money will be refunded within 5 working days.

If it isn't, I'll certainly let you know otherwise

• 2 weeks later...

How much longer will the Banks default/pay up

I'm at the opposite end to you having just submitted my MCOL and wonder who is going to be the first unlucky one who has to make representation in court.

Are the Banks making that much money that they can continue to ignore the CAG. The courts must be benefitting from the influx of fees this is generating.

I wish you a speedy conclusion, and the refund of all YOUR money.

Tony...watching ....

Update, I have now entered Judgement stage with MCOL etc, also phoned MCOL, they advised waitng 7 days before Warrant issue. I phoned Halifax, not that they sounded bothered, so sent another letter with copy of the Judgement to Halifax, stating they now have until Tuesday next week latest to pay up or a warrant will be issued.....(Fingers crossed...won't need to), I sent the letter Special delivery too...Even added the extra interest to date as requested, oh my god, they must have too much money to be bothered about the extra charges!!:mad:

A very big congratulations.......well done. :D

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hi birmanmad1,

Today I received a letter from the Halifax wishing to settle out of court for the full amount I am claiming from them, including costs, £486.99.

They sent me a letter offering silly money and a suggestion that I contact the Financial Ombudsman too.

Hang in there, just follow the steps on this site, they show you how to deal with these issues and are very clear.

Ultimately, getting my money back was much easier than I thought - don't give up - the Halifax really really don't want to go to court - you will get your money.

Good luck

Hi birmanmad1,

Today I received a letter from the Halifax wishing to settle out of court for the full amount I am claiming from them, including costs, £486.99.

They sent me a letter offering silly money and a suggestion that I contact the Financial Ombudsman too.

Hang in there, just follow the steps on this site, they show you how to deal with these issues and are very clear.

Ultimately, getting my money back was much easier than I thought - don't give up - the Halifax really really don't want to go to court - you will get your money.

Good luck

Congratulations too.......... Well worth the wait, they offered me only a fraction out of court, but I stuck with it, saw the process through, and after a long battle I did it, they lost, I won.......What a Great feeling that is!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeee....