Very furniture collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wonder if anyone can help! I ordered an assembled wardrobe from Very.co.uk that was delivered on the 31st May. It was delivered in two sections and when I unpacked the first section I discovered some damage on the inside of the wardrobe. I phoned them that evening and was told they would arrange for someone to pick it up. I'm now being told that I have to allow up to 28days from the day they informed their supplier (Consort). They informed Consort on the 5th June, so that's up to 33 days from delivery is that correct because it seems like a really long time to have a four door wardrobe in my hall way. I also have children so am quite worried about H&S. I have been back and forth with veryHQ but they are sticking to this.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I have had a scan through the Very website and can't see anything relating to times for collection of damaged goods.

This seems like an unreasonable time to have to wait for collection though. I'll have a look at the SOGA and see if I can find anything.

Have a look at the Which Guide to The Sale Of Goods Act in my signature. Click HERE

Thanks for your reply.

I thought I only had a duty of care for 21 days if they agree to collect, but they say I am responsible for the items for up to 33 days and any damage that may occur. I planned my daughters birthday party and to decorate I have had to put all these things off. As one was still covered I was going to place it in the garden (for the decorators to paint the hall) but was told of my responsibility. I live in a two bed house with two kids it's driving me mad! I have an email from them saying they only collect within 21 days if the furniture is undamaged. I have not assembled the sections together all I have done is remove the plastic wrap from one section. I will never order furniture again from very (been a customer for years) this is a lesson learnt.