Camden PCN - no entry sign DYOTT Street WC1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

A lovely but windy Saturday morning has been ruined by Camden.

I am not told WHERE this contravention took place - surely on such a document, the exact location of the alleged contravention must be stipulated?

Advise sought.

Yours,

ShivaYash

Stoke Newington, London

Camden PCN - no entry sign 15.06.2012 - EMAIL.pdf

You may have a point about the junction address but there may only be 1 no entry turning off the main street so no need in that case.

I can't really see any defence but I'm sure others will advise if they think differently.

Loooks to me like the op was traveling along Gt Russel Street and turned right by the side of the Trades Union Congress building into Dyott Street .

Single lane street with what appear to be internal iluminated No Entry signs on both sides.

Not worth the hassle of appeal.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Can't see any advance 'no right turn' signs present. Not sure if there is an avenue there saying that you are not familiar with the area.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Can't see any advance 'no right turn' signs present. Not sure if there is an avenue there saying that you are not familiar with the area.

Having had a closer look at the pics in the PCN you may have a good point here.

The op is committed to the right hand side of the road due to parked vehicles prior to the junction and is confronted with parked vehicles imediately beyond the opening. Not having seen any advance "No Right Turn" and having commited himself to make the turn, by the time he sees the "No Entry" sign he is beyond the point of return. (had there been a stream of vehicles behind him this would have been better)

An adjudicator may agree that there is insufficient signage.

Looks to me as if you turned into the street, realised it was no entry and then reversed out again.

Those cameras record continuously all day and can prove the op's actions.

The camera operator flash through on fast forward and pluck out the offenders. Probably automated recognition of vehicles turning in such places.

Those cameras record continuously all day and can prove the op's actions.

The camera operator flash through on fast forward and pluck out the offenders. Probably automated recognition of vehicles turning in such places.

Thats not actually true besides on this occasion the OP has been filmed by a mobile CCTV smart car I believe.

I'm going with my observations in post #7. IMHO there should be advanced 'no right turn signs' warning of the 'no entry'. In the absence of those, I think the OP has an avenue of 'inadequate signage' to peruse.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Thanks, I'll be contesting this PCN on that basis - inadequate signage.

I turned LEFT on Great Russell Street from Adeline Place, and drove 300 ft before turning RIGHT onto DYOTT STREET. Yes I turned into a no entry but I did not see the signage until I had made the turn. There should be a NO RIGHT TURN sign.

Footage was captured by a mobile CCTV smart car. I've uploaded this video for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for the comments, shall keep forum members posted of my progress.

Best wishes,

Edited by shivayash

• 9 months later...

Just to let fellow forum users know, I barely said a word to the adjudicator. His mind was already made up, the angle of the right hand side sign was such that it was impossible to see the no entry sign until the turn had been made. Job done. Appeal allowed.

Let's hope that Camden now straighten the sign.

Just to let fellow forum users know, I barely said a word to the adjudicator. His mind was already made up, the angle of the right hand side sign was such that it was impossible to see the no entry sign until the turn had been made. Job done. Appeal allowed.

Let's hope that Camden now straighten the sign.

Good news. But i still think there should also be an advance 'no right turn' warning sign as well.

Please Note