• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Loan Fraud

Crapstone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week my daughter was contacted by her bank to say her account was irregular. 2 payments for car insurance, one for motorcycle insurance and other payments made for checking cars i.e the £5 registration checks. In all fraudsters tried to take over £1000 and fortunately the bank stopped it and the few payments made have been refunded.

Yesterday my OH received a letter from a company stating that his loan application had been accepted. It's one of those charge a fortune with no credit check companies. After calling them it seems someone has made an application in his name via the internet 3 days ago, although not in his full name and using his middle name that he never gives out, so how they got that is strange. It had his DOB but the telephone numbers are false although the landline is local area. The company say they have put a stop on it and to contact the police.

The police were visited and told but seemed reluctant to do anything. Another letter arrived today with the same details and despite promises from the police to take a statement they didn't turn up. I know they are busy but they do have our contact details so they could at least say instead of leaving us hanging like lemons.

As the name that the loan isn't his full name, and only uses his middle name, will that flag up on his credit file as it shows his DOB and address? Does he have a right to SAR the company as they said they would not release any details and he would have to go via the police only? The papers from the company, a genuine one, say they use credit referencing to check for fraud, well they can't have otherwise they would know that name is incorrect.

My daughter lives at the same address and we have never had anything like this happen before. No mail seems to have gone missing and we are always careful of card details and personal details, using secure sites and shredding paperwork.

It seems strange to have 2 people in the house targeted by fraudsters when nothing before has happened. The P.O. has been notified, just in case, but is there anything more that can be done apart from waiting for the police to do anything? Action Line has been told but as with everything else I won't hold my breath.

It just makes it pain in the backside as it's not victimless and some pathetic excuses of humans can't actually get off their backsides and earn an honest living. Instead we have to worry about the next letter and it's not free to sort out. It's all time, effort and money wasted on worthless **** but you have to do it otherwise you are landed with the debts, robbed and end up looking like the bad guy to boot.:mad2:

It turns out to be a pretty good and simple method of fraud. Companies lend money to people that have a guarantor, and the money loaned goes to the guarantors account and not the person taking out the debt. All the guarantor needs is an identitity that links to a bought property and a couple of phone numbers and hey presto they get the money leaving both the guarantor, real or fake, and the debtor with a sum of money to repay that they have no idea about until the letters arrive. All the information is done online, with no credit scoring. They say checks are made but obviously they aren't ....In this case it's Amigo and they being less then helpful with both the police and my OH.

Although it's identity theft it takes Amigo to report the fraud as they would have been at loss. They have their own fraud team but seem reluctant to speak to the police. The police and criminal courts should deal with fraud and not some inhouse overpaid numpties that have no powers! A strange way to do business and a company to steer well clear of if that's the attitude they take and don't do checks on who is taking out the loans and they just accept anyone with a guarantor.