WTC appeal won in April but no further info or repayment received

purplelavender
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I appealed on 27 March and received decision 25 April and was successful. The letter stated "revised award notices ... will be sent shortly" and I am still waiting and they owe me money too! I called yesterday and was given some waffle about "technical problems". I was told some other people had the same problem. Is this some ploy to not pay people what they are owed. They are quick to demand repayment but stall when they owe us money. I was given an address where I could write to complain but no info on when I can receive a revised entitlement letter or indeed my money!

I'd say you've waited long enough!

Write to the address on your letter and make sure you head it "complaint" in capitals .

Send it by recorded signed for delivery and state;

Further to my successful appeal dated 25 April, I feel that sufficient time has now elapsed for HMRC to make the payments due to me.

I shall expect full payment within 14 days from the receipt of this letter.

Failure to make the payment will leave me with no alternative other than to escalate my complaints to the Director of Benefits and Credits.

If you receive no response, post back here and I will give you the address of the directors office

Gbarbm

• 3 weeks later...
Will do, thanks

Mark the envelope "for the personal and private attention of" and make sure that you state that despite your best efforts you have been unable to resolve this. Explain that you sent in a complaint letter X weeks ago and have not even received an acknowledgement.

Tell him this is not the standard if service you expect to receive.

Every complaint us fed into the stats, these stats are used by the public accounts committe who from time to time grill HMRC directors about their performance!

Kind regards

Gbarbm

Gbarbm

• 3 weeks later...
I have received a letter from Customer Service and Support Group stating that they are looking into my complaint and will contact me by 31/07/12 so watch this space!

Good! Looks as if things are moving in the right direction at last; remember to keep us informed.

Gbarbm

All excited to receive a letter today BUT

It was a reply to the first complaint letter I wrote back on 20 June! This reply states that they are sorry for the delay in replying (you don't say)! They apologise for not providing level of service "entitled to expect and should have received".

However then state "we are looking into the issues you have raised but attempts to resolve the matter are taking longer than expected"..... " we now need to monitor your award until the matter is resolved. We will contact you when the problems affecting your tax credits award have been resolved".

But I received a more prompt reply to the letter sent recorded delivery on 9 July which states they will contact me by 31 July - let's see what next week brings........

Just hope that having sent 2 letters it will not confuse them!!:???:

Well at least they replied which is something I suppose!

Keep on to them though; if they don't respond by the date they stated then write again.

There's an old saying which says, the squeakiest cogs get the most oil!

That certainly applies here I think.

Gbarbm

• 2 weeks later...

Finally it is sorted for y/e April 2011 and the money owed has been paid and I have a final statement for that year. Now awaiting tax return details from my accountants for y/e April 2012 and hope Tax Credits don't mess that year up. Should be due some more money when that is finalised.

Documents were received today and I had only just finished writing another letter when postman delivered!!

Many thanks Gbarhm for your advice and support:-)