Council pkg ticket, disabled 4 mins

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mother is disabled has a registered and taxed as disabled car. Mother can only walk with two crutches and very slowly.

Visited my sister who lives in a residents permit only parking area. Sister has scratch off tickets for visitors which she gives to her family etc. on arrival, scratches off the relevant day and time etc.

Mother arrives from a hospital appointment, there is a parking space (permit only) outside sisters house, rather than park the car on a single yellow line, possibly lose the permit only space and have to move car from yellow line to permit only (and walking further) after getting scratch card from sister.

She parks in permit only space correctly displays Blue badge, makes her way to sisters house to get scratch off card, sister not at home, so she lets herself in, finds scratch card and returns to the car a few minutes later to find car ticketed.

On the ticket it says Observed from 2.39 to 2.44 (issued by CEO) and Says Time of contravention 2.44

The question?

I thought we were allowed 15 minutes to get change/walk to buy/get a ticket/to machine before you could get ticketed.

There is no way mother could have got from her car to my sisters house (two lots of stairs on crutches) and back with the scratch card within 4 minutes.

Is this fair/correct or can I appeal it for her?

Help much apprecitated

NN

No it's not fair. Furthermore it sounds like disability discrimination.

Begin by appealing it. Refer to the Disability Discrimination Act. You had beeter look up the act first.

If they don't uphold the appeal then I suggest also the Local Authority Ombudsman, These local councils are all too often a bit like Nazis and they need to be challenged.

Blue badges are not valid in permit bays, which is probably whythe CEO issued the ticket

I thought we were allowed 15 minutes to get change/walk to buy/get a ticket/to machine before you could get ticketed.

This is a common fallacy. you are allowed ' a reasonable time' but this is not defined. However, in your mother's scenario, 10-15 mins could be reasonable. The council will almost certainly reject your appeal, but I suspect you would be successful if you took it to adjudication.

What is the contravention as on the PCN?

Hello MB BF

Thank you for you replies.

The contravention, "Parked in a residents or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place"

Code 12

I would have thought 4 minutes, to walk down the street, raise the person you are visiting, find the tickets and walk back again is not a reasonable time for anyone, let alone disabled folk.

thanks

NN

There is no set time provisions to obtain change/permits/tickets from elsewhere. There is usually no exemption for disabled badge holders in resident parking bays either. As unfair as it seems it sounds to me that the PCN was correctly issued. It is unlikely that PATAS will consider mitigating circumstances. You will have more chance with the signage to see if it is compliant. Can you post any images up of give the location so we can check on street view?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hi

I would have to agree with sailor sam on this as look at it this way you state it is a residents permit parking area.

Now the CEO probably watched them park, get out the vehicle and proceed into a property and close the door with no valid permit to park their only a Blue Badge.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thank you for your replies.

looks like the only thing left is the compliancy thing. Here is a street view. I think the signs are different now, blue if i remember correctly. Sister is away for a couple of days she will get photos when home. I will post the current signs then. (She parked behind where the black mercedes is in the pic)

84christchurchstscreenprint.jpg

thank you for your help

NN