DLA maybe appealing

worried33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I did a claim for DLA a month or so ago, had a home medical and that deemed I could walk 200metres and some other things I cant do.

Now here is the confusion.

Its mentioned alot on here DLA is all about needs, although the qualifying criteria clearly describes medical capabilities such as walking distance.

I also still think judgement is also affected by if someone has already help eg. if the doctor came and seen me in a wheelchair, and an adapted living space I expect they would have taken a different view.

I also have the problem that my doctor's surgery is staffed by locums and every time I go I am seeing a new doctor, they didnt even reply to a letter sent by the DLA people for the claim.

So the basis of my claim is I have extra needs due to mobility as well as problems even leaving my flat caused by other health problems as well affecting my sight and awareness capabilities.

The 200metres I am disputing and do have medical evidence which conflicts with the findings, the medical evidence was also shown to the visiting doctor.

Not sure which I should push more either the medical side of things or my actual needs which are probably hard to push as I live on my own and have no current aids given to me by the NHS.

Also I have an ongoing IB to ESA migration which is awaiting a medical and I am now worried they will make a decision on that without that medical based on this DLA medical. This is why medicals should be recorded as I explained a lot of things in the home visit which were clearly ignored.