Payplan dmp will end when I am about 200 years old

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the Truecall was about £80 but was a few years ago. When I see the number of calls it's ignored would pay double or more . We reported Cabot to TS for harassment 2 years ago. Even sent them a call log showing hundreds of calls from Cabot, who use a number of different auto dial numbers. Didn't make much difference, they kept calling.

When DCA's call , our Truecall's set to sound as if the phone is ringing at their side . But it doesn't at our end. You can also set it to give them a get lost message, if you prefer, but we didn't like to be rude.:lol:

Could have gone to OFCOM then small claims for harassment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I am sick and tired of these phone calls, the answering machine is now full. They have taken no notice of my letter, and nobody seems to listen. God help anyone who is out of work.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Some of the letters on this forum - although good - are way too long IMO. All you need to do is to write a letter (and send it recorded) and categorically state that they no longer have permission to telephone you, and that should they continue to do so you'll report them to the Financial Omubdsman Service and Trading Standards. Request a copy of their formal complaints procedure. Now that you've sent the letter it's vital that you make a note of the date/times of the calls. If they really persist we might look at applying for a court order.

There's a good general fact sheet covering harassment here:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=03_harassment

Very nice bit of office equipment.......

Appreciate it sounds a lot, and I couldn't really afford it either at the time .But if you've several DCA's calling your number every day, and some like Cabot who are still calling after 5 years then the peace of mind is worth it. If you divide the cost over 5 years its about £15 per year. In the past 3 days according to my call log Cabot have called 6 times, Moorcroft x1 and Link x2. And going by past 5 years experience Cabot will do much the same next week, and the week after.

Cabot once sent me a letter saying we've stopped calling you in response to your letter of complaint. However if you don't fill in and return the enclosed income and expenditure form with a repayment offer within 7 days , then we will resume our telephone collection procedure . Which to me is the same as them admitting they use their autodiallers as a form of harassment.

Some of the letters on this forum - although good - are way too long IMO. All you need to do is to write a letter (and send it recorded) and categorically state that they no longer have permission to telephone you, and that should they continue to do so you'll report them to the Financial Omubdsman Service and Trading Standards. Request a copy of their formal complaints procedure. Now that you've sent the letter it's vital that you make a note of the date/times of the calls. If they really persist we might look at applying for a court order.

There's a good general fact sheet covering harassment here:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=03_harassment

Was interested in reading this link, but when I tried, it came up with a blank page? .

Two recorded letters to Santander, and Nationwide, and still the phone is ringing..

.. so I was getting really annoyed yesterday morning..

I had reported the number on several websites, including one called nuisance calls.

They rang me, and they were able to search my telephone records, and said that they were coming from Asia, a lot of UK firms do this.

So I signed up with them, and they are genuine company, as I have looked into them.

Not so frightened of the phone calls now, and they have a list of nuisance callers, which they stop and one of them is Cabot....

Hopefully they will stop now, as it takes a few days to get them stopped.

Hope I have done the right thing, and I also reported them to the FCA.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

was it free?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No it wasn't, but I was really stressed out. £42 a year, but I don't think I will need it next year. My sister and I are splitting the cost. Looking forward to peace and quiet.

LilythePink

Oh I see, how annoying!

Here's the Scottish verision - they are virtually the same:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/scotland/factsheet.php?page=10_harassment

Thanks. Imagine Cabot just calling twice a day won't count . Unless would calling nearly every day, for 5 years count as harassment? Suppose I should ahve psuhed it further with Trading STandards when they were caling 6 times a dya for weeks on end.

Lily hope this new service you've joined up to works out for you. Cabot use several numbers on their autodiallers, as I've had to block about 6 or 7 well used numbers. They must change them every few weeks if they're not getting anywhere.

These harassment letters do not work with DCA, they are still phoning me, this morning at 10.00, but this nuisance call service, said that the calls will reduce and eventually end within 28 days.

Plus, I have been sending my letters recorded delivery, and the post office has just lost one of my letters, so Santander think I am ignoring them. Just going to post them 1st class, as it is all costing too much.

LilythePink

urm.. unless this 'firm' can redirect your phoneline [and they can't]

me thinks all they are relying upon is the TPS

and they certainly cannot stop DCA calls

the only thing that can is a truecall box

brought one 2yrs ago

never get dca calls, it just blocks them.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please forgive the silly question but what exactly is it that the DCA say that they want when they ring ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

From my experience, they are just really nasty, telling how bad you are, and why did you take this out, whenever you are not going to pay it. They basically bully you, until you end up feeling totally worthless, and feel as if you are not worth anything to anyone.

LilythePink

From my experience, they are just really nasty, telling how bad you are, and why did you take this out, whenever you are not going to pay it. They basically bully you, until you end up feeling totally worthless, and feel as if you are not worth anything to anyone.

Yes i know , not the most pleasant of people to deal with, you say from your experience, do you know what it is that this caller wants on this occasion ?

Sometimes Creditors just need to be reminded that there is a plan in place before they take you number off the system.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Yes I know what they want, an income/expenditure form, which they already have. When you answer the phone, it is a dead line, several times a day. The calls I have found out are coming from East Asia.

LilythePink

You MUST get a full complaint in to the OFT and OFCOM. Issue a full complaint to the DCA as well, so you can get the fos involved.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes I know what they want, an income/expenditure form, which they already have. When you answer the phone, it is a dead line, several times a day. The calls I have found out are coming from East Asia.

Which DCA is it that is instituting these calls ?

Santander have mortgage with them, fell ill for a year last year, and kept them informed that we might fall behind. Already went to the FSA already just trying to trace the claim.

They are impossible to deal with, Santander I mean.

Even the Nationwide keeps trotting out that old excuse that the charges are fair, as by the court case in 2009.

LilythePink

So is it Santander who are making the calls ?

If it is a mortgage paplan wouldn't be involved, would they ?

Sorry for the questions but if complaint is to be made .......

the ruling was ONLY about bank charges

nothing else

dx

and they