Payplan dmp will end when I am about 200 years old

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for the advice, I just think how can they honestly keep me on a dmp until 2045, I will be dead by then. I have tried telling them, but they insist that's the way it is.

The debts are 10 years old, they don't show on my CR file, and the debts are only going down by £1 a month..... not logical thinking, but then I looked at who supported them, and it was all people like Prudential, etc all financial institions, seemed strange to me. But websites are advertising them. I think I will put that one in as a complaint?

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CCCS do get rid of clients after a set period, i was with them for TWO years , missed three payments due to losing employment, CCCS were of ZERO help, and couldnt care less, there want to keep a 100% record, so any client, not paying there dmp etc, there just get rid of, there dumped me by EMAIL, there didnt even write to me with further help, i'm now looking for other ways to continue my payments, some debtors are letting me do this myself, others are been akward, but hey, i'll plod on without CCCS

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

They all seem to be useless then. Payplan are just as bad, although they haven't dumped me, some of my debts I have been paying for 15 years......

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

• 7 months later...

My dmp is managed by Payplan. I have been with them now since 2006.

I have been told tonight by Payplan that a DCA can ring you up to 3 times a day, to try and get you to up your payments.

I have asked for the legislation that allows that, as I am being plagued by phone calls day and night.

Can DCA legally do this?

LilythePink

When in a DMP, the creditor is not meant to contact you AT ALL. All communication about a debt is to be done through the DMP, who will assess what is said and then contact you. Also remember that payplan are part funded by the creditors.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Possible bias. I guess im just very wary of a DMP that receives money from creditors. I'm a fan of going it alone really.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

My dmp is managed by Payplan. I have been with them now since 2006.

I have been told tonight by Payplan that a DCA can ring you up to 3 times a day, to try and get you to up your payments.

I have asked for the legislation that allows that, as I am being plagued by phone calls day and night.

Can DCA legally do this?

Ask PayPlan to substantiate that statement with any guideline - legislation.

Contacting you that many times is pure harassment and was thoroughly disparaged by the High Court Judge Chambers, in Harrison v Link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1362603/Judge-writes-customers-20-000-credit-card-debt-hearing-hounded-repay-money.html

Perhaps you could provide a link to Payplan.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Possible bias. I guess im just very wary of a DMP that receives money from creditors. I'm a fan of going it alone really.

Would you prefer a DMP that doesn't? The only ones that do not charge the debtors themselves instead. Would that be more appropriate?

You should also consider that there or thousands and thousands of people that simply don't have the ability, for one reason or another, to do it themselves.

If you think that Payplan or Stepchange are somehow in cahoots with the creditors it really isn't true.

I have asked them for the legislation, as you say it is harassment, and what did my employer recommend them for? I will send them that link.... thanks yet again

LilythePink

There is no legislation.

They can try and contact you for sure, but it would be in breach of the OFT guidance on debt collection - which states that a creditor should communicate with your recognised debt management firm or representative (e.g. the CAB).

You can also write to the creditor stating that they no longer have permission to contact you via the telephone - and that all correspondance must be in writing - and that it must be via Payplan.

• Confused 1

Payplan have certainly not helped me, I have had two debts written off, with advice from this forum, and Payplan, just take the money each month, and the creditors are still contacting me. Why would they not be in cahoots with the creditors? I don't believe anyone in authority now, look at the bankers and the government.

LilythePink

There is no legislation.

So why are PayPlan making such statements, sequence. This is very wrong.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

DMP since 2006...

I hope you've sent all the cfreditors a CCA request

as no DMP will ever do that

or any checks

they'll just take on spec what the DCA says you owe....

without doing any checks

urm.......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know, going to do a few at a time, and see what they come up with? They are all actually pre 2002, I ran my own DMP up to then.

LilythePink

Perhaps you had a new or inexperienced case worker. As for funding they are indeed partly funded via creditor contributions, but this in no way effects their impartiality, DMPs are after all a voluntary arrangement between the debtor and the creditor the DMP provider is merely the intermediary, if the debtor continues to act unreasonably it is hardly their fault.

Sequency is right , they are contravening OFT guidelines by bypassing an authored intermediary, just tell that an arrangement is in place and give the Payplan account number, they should desist.

They should know that the arranged payment is made pro rata to any available income, and any increase in payment would be unfair on other creditors,

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

If they said there was specific legislation then they are (as far as I'm aware) mistaken. I don't think it's very wrong, but it is a very poor choice of words. A DMP should, in an ideal world, stop DCAs from contacting the debtor directly - but as we all too well know, they still do. The key issue here is likely to be more to do with the DCA being a bit of an arse, rather than Payplan's statement (although that in itself is a bit daft too).

If they said there was specific legislation then they are (as far as I'm aware) mistaken. I don't think it's very wrong, but it is a very poor choice of words. A DMP should, in an ideal world, stop DCAs from contacting the debtor directly - but as we all too well know, they still do. The key issue here is likely to be more to do with the DCA being a bit of an arse, rather than Payplan's statement (although that in itself is a bit daft too).

They are always saying things to frighten me, and am thinking of reporting them, as I have the emails.

LilythePink

I think I really want to get my head round this. I would point out first of all, that I am not a fan of PP. When OH got himself into his financial muddle a few years ago, the PP advisor that I spoke to made three similar crass statements.

1: That I (me personally) had no choice but to default on the couple of "up to date, in credit" cards that I had. This in order to release funds to pay for OH's poor financial actions.

2: That I had no choice but to agree to the selling of my home in order to resolve the same issues !

3: An IVA or bankruptcy should be considered and they could help us with that !

I now know this to have been bad advice and the first 2 to be untrue/misleading. Had I agreed to them, I too would have been hounded and possibly have no home !!

Some 5 years later, they are still making statements that are being dismissed as "a poor choice of words" or "daft" .

PP are dealing with people who are at their most vulnerable - they have taken a big step to admit they are in the financial compost heap - they turn to an organisation who should be aware of what can and cant be done. At the very least they should be up to date with OFT guidelines. Whether or not the PP advisor said there was specific legislation.. they made a specific statement which was incorrect.

Someone who perhaps hasn't access to another source of advice, such as CAG, would perhaps take that statement as fact. When the truth is PP is supposed to be acting as a buffer between the two.

BCOBS

I agree, because if I had not researched and had the help of CAG, I would be bankrupt, and have no home. they should be investigated by whoever is responsible for them, which are the creditors who sponsor them..

LilythePink

I am not here to defend Paypalan or any of the debt organisations, but what i will say is that their function is sometimes misunderstood. They are not there to enable the debtor to get out of paying his debts if that is what is required then better too look elsewhere.

The adviser will look at the accounts provided in the form of the I and E statement and make a dispassionate assessment in order to ensure, A that the essential living costs of the person are met and B that the remainder is equally divided among the creditors on a pro rata basis.

That is all he does, if there is not enough disposable income to provide a realistic offer, he may suggest more extreme measures, this is not a matter of PP making a moral judgment it is purely a matter of fiscal reality.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

As an aside, if the calls are to your landline, best way to avoid them is wiht the Truecall machine. Worth its weight in gold. Cabout have been alling me up to 6 times a day sometimes, but normally just twice for the past 4 years. But our phone never rings so not disturbed by them. Only know about their persistance because of the call log. Just realised Moorcroft called me last Sunday at 10.00 when I looked at the call log last night. Didn't realise it was now a 7 day week operation for the DCA's.

More than once every few days is considered excessive. There is absolutely zero reason for them to call twice, 7 days a week.

Phone call from Santander this morning at 10.00, just shut the phone down. If they start again tomorrow, I am reporting them, can't stick it any longer. Dreadful the way they can make you feel like a criminal. How much is the Truecall?

LilythePink

Think the Truecall was about £80 but was a few years ago. When I see the number of calls it's ignored would pay double or more . We reported Cabot to TS for harassment 2 years ago. Even sent them a call log showing hundreds of calls from Cabot, who use a number of different auto dial numbers. Didn't make much difference, they kept calling.

When DCA's call , our Truecall's set to sound as if the phone is ringing at their side . But it doesn't at our end. You can also set it to give them a get lost message, if you prefer, but we didn't like to be rude.:lol: