• Tweets

• Letter of Claim   I am writing to you with regard to the above vehicle purchased from you on 17th November 2021.   The amount paid for this vehicle was £250.00 deposit paid on 28th October 2021 and the balance of £3,250.00 paid on the day of collection of the vehicle on 17th November 2021 giving a total of £3,500.00. A statement showing these amounts leaving my account is enclosed.   This vehicle was purchased after an MOT was carried out on the vehicle on the day of collection of 17th November 2021.   On the journey home a strange noise could be heard which was communicated to Matthew by text message. Originally I thought it was maybe the sound of the rumble on the road but having got the vehicle home, I asked my son to take it for a drive. He confirmed there was a noise. I did not receive a response from Matthew in regard to this message.   On Tuesday 23rd November 2021, driving home from work I noticed this noise had got extremely loud and again sent a text message to Matthew stating an awful ‘scraping noise’. Matthew responded asking me to take it to a workshop for diagnosis. He stated it would be better to get it recovered in case of causing any further damage and asked me to call him in the office when I had more information.   It was taken to my local garage and I was contacted by them on Thursday 24th November 2021 to advise that the rear caliper had ceased solid and had been repaired as was not safe to drive. I was advised of the cost for the part and labour which totalled £190.00 + VAT.   I contacted Matthew by phone and advised him of the outcome from the garage and was offered ‘as a gesture of goodwill’ half of the amount towards the repair. I stated I was not happy to pay anything towards a repair on a vehicle I had only had for 7 days. I asked if the car had a warranty and was told yes but i had not returned the car to Vulcan, I had had the work carried out elsewhere and had I have taken it back to him, he would have only paid trade prices to his usual garage for the repair. I did explain that the car was unsafe to drive and had I had it recovered to Norwich from Essex, it would have cost a lot of money.   Matthew then requested that the invoice from the garage be made out to his company and to send it over by email which was done later that evening. I received a response email stating Matthew would speak to the technician who worked on the car for his advice and trade prices for labour and materials and he would contact me the following week.   Today, I have emailed Vulcan Motor Company to advise that I would like to return the car for a full refund and I have been advised that it will passed to the solicitor for Vulcan Motor Company and I would only deal with them going forward.   Funds can be made direct to my account
    • You are now a Part 20 claimant ....with judgment on your counterclaim.
    • in Nicoll v Promontoria Ram 2 Ltd [2019] EWHC 2410 (Ch), the High Court held that a notice of assignment of a debt given to a debtor was valid, even though the effective date of assignment stated in the notice could not be verified by the debtor. The case concerned a debt assigned by the Co-op Bank to Promontoria and a joint notice given by assignor and assignee to the debtor that the debt had been assigned “on and with effect from 29 July 2016”.   A subsequent statutory demand served by Promontoria on the debtor for the outstanding sums was disputed on the basis that the notice of assignment was invalid because it contained an incorrect date of assignment. Whilst accepting that the documentation was incapable of verifying with certainty the date of assignment, the Court held that the joint notice clearly showed that both parties had agreed that an assignment had taken place and was valid. This decision suggests that mistakes as to the date of assignment in a notice of assignment may not necessarily be fatal, if it is otherwise clear that the debt has been assigned.
    • Sar to shop direct not arrows If you think its sb'd go ring shop direct and ask last payment or usage date . If resolvecall have been tasked and youve not had a letter of claim from arrows then 99% it is   dont forget a DCA is not a BAILIFF and have ZERO powers on any debt no matter what it's type.   dx    
    • I phoned them and they said my license is on its way back.... these been a delay in postings, weird how they sent the 7 day reminder one though....
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Get a Rain Barrel (Water Butt)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got one of these a few months ago, and connected it to the downpipe off my garage roof.

I use that water to water the garden, saving me water (I'm metered).

Rainwater is also better for your plants than tap water as it's slightly more acidic and contains more nitrogen than tap water.

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes I wholeheartedly support rainwater harvesting. There are other uses, if you have an abundance, such as showering, washing machine - vg use far less powder, flushing toilet, dishwashing. Not advisable for cooking, consumption. Water collected off roofs may pass over bird droppings and also rotting leaves none of which should affect the above uses. You may want to create separate plumbing circuit for non-potable water. You could try using a system pressure pump instead of a separate tank in the loft