style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi need some advice have rented a indoor market stall from wrexham council for over ten years.have had really bad time last three

months and fell behind with my rent there is a new lady in charge of the debtors section for the council who is quiet aggressive with me and other traders if we fall into arrears. i owe roughly £950 pounds rent and have had two reminders for this.yesterday a bailiff from rossendales turned up showed me his badge and came in the stall he gave me a bill with £300 pound charges on top of the £950 and wanted all the money straight away and started to do an inventory of my stock for seizure i explained i could not pay so he said he would accept half the money now and half in a month this was very distressing and caused me a lot of anxiety

i phoned the head of the debtors section but was told she was in a meeting all morning in the end as he was about to take my stock he rang his boss who accepted some cash now and the rest over six weeks should i had not been informed that the bailiff was going too call or does she have the right to do this. my wife has spoken to this lady to explain our situation and she talks over you in a conversation and says if you cant pay your rent you should not be in the market.she is not very helpful and cant see that i am trying too keep my self in employment and does not take into account the ten years trouble free relationship i have had with the council.Basically can she just send a bailiff in without giving me prior warning.thanks in advance iklt

Basically can she just send a bailiff in without giving me prior warning.thanks in advance iklt

i don't think they need to inform you because it commercial rent

did the bailiff leave you a notice of seizure what fees are listed on this

For commercial rent they can just turn up and they can remove goods immediately. Might pay to contact a local Councillor to intervene, are you in the NMTF, if so try their legal dept. The costs of attendance from the Bailiff can be very high in these matters, goes against the grain but I would try to borrow to pay it off ASAP, even then the Council may decide they want a sizeable security deposit to prevent it happening again.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]