Debt_Mountain vs Nationwide pt2

debt_mountain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Prelim sent today 5/10/06

Has anyone change the timeline from 14 days. As we now have a presedent set by them that they never reqpond at these stages and EVERY claim has the same process followed.

Is 10 days still resonable time for each stage for a well oiled organisation with a dedicated staff for this activity. Or even 7 days.

What they always do:-

Respond quickly to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

Ignore prelim (send template reply sometimes)

Ignore LBA (send template reply sometimes)

Only respond when papers are served.

For this one I am swithering whether to go for the contractual interest. Adds about £1500 to the claim but as the total claim is >£5000 the risk is greater.

Prelim is just a standard one without any referent to interest so if they pay up at this stage they will save some cash, but before I issue the LBA I will be doing more reading on the contractual interest and I can then change it at LBA.

Hopefully Nationwide don't read these threads or they could settle quick and save a few quid.....

off to read more about contractual interest.

first thing I have checked is the current authorised overdraft rate and its 7.75% so the standard claim looks better. Unauthorised is at 24.9% but I think that is too risky.

but I could go for the 7.75% compound plus the compound loss of not gaining the esaving rate of 4.8% so 12.8 is looking good.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

good luck with this one. i note you are claiming in england again, is the court you are using in england near to you? thanks to your advice i'm gonna claim this way, but a bit worried cos i'm probably futher away and they might twig!

hi, thanks and good luck to you too.

The court I have picked is just over the A1 border so its the closest I could find and if I have to attend its only about 100 miles.

I would intend using the argument that it is a guesture of goodwill to pick a court in England as it is nearer the defendant.

I'm near Glasgow too, did a maps.google.co.uk and its 156 miles from East Kilbride - I don't live hear just an example, I live over tin the east) to the Morpeth but from EKB to Carlisle it is only 91 so that may be a better choice.

Have fun.

tick tock tick tock

Prelim sent - no reply

lba sent no reply

got the "we think our fees are transparent and are our T&Cs" sod off letter the day after I had posted my N! to the court. Should be issued on Monday. this claim is fo >£7k so not sure if they will treat it differently.Not that it bothers me as I have prepared all my documentation and I have already had a claim satisfied by them without any hassle.

They do want to close my account now but I expect they will payout before the closure date. Don't want to have to get a cheque and then wait for it too clear.

tick tock, tick tock.

The last time they paid up 4 days after being servered

;) Good luck Debt Mountain!

Barclays

Settled in full 13/09/06 after LBA (£115.00):D

Nationwide

LBA sent 13/09/06 - Response 04/10/06.

Moneyclaim submitted 04/10/06.

Won (settled in full) 19/10/06. (£748.00):D

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

Offer rejection sent 30/11/06.

GE Capital

S.A.R sent 25/10/06 on behalf of sister.

Incomplete statements sent.

Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 30/11/06

Barclaycard agree to pay difference between charges and 12 pound OFT charge suggestion. Accepted £64.00 06/12/06.

Papers served on Sunday 22nd. Poor ladies at the court having to work Sundays, I wouldn't have thought weekends would have been "servred" days.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock. Whats the bets its paid out before Friday? Ever the optomist!!

Psycic Redsue. Got a cash credit today between 4pm and 8pm. £480 so hopefully the rest will flood in tomorrow.

Great day. MBNA agreed to pay in full, Cabot need to file a defence tomorrow or Balliffs will be sent in and Nationwide start to stump up a hugh 7K + payout.

brilliant, great news - can you let me have your lottery numbers for saturday? :p :p

We're after MBNA too - I'm going to study your thread when I get a mo - looks like you're going to have a great christmas this year!!

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Psycic Redsue. Got a cash credit today between 4pm and 8pm. £480 so hopefully the rest will flood in tomorrow.

Great day. MBNA agreed to pay in full, Cabot need to file a defence tomorrow or Balliffs will be sent in and Nationwide start to stump up a hugh 7K + payout.

Great stuff - I am pleased to see they are settling claims over 5K in the same way because I have got one nearing 10k which I can issue for on the 6th Nov.

Well done you!

Sarah

Well, I got impatient and phone my pals as NW, htey confirmed the cash credit was from them and the remainder of my claim in full will be credited later today and for my closed account the cheque will be posted today.

I don't think they have paid me the 4.85% for my loss of potential savings but I am happy to leave the claim open to get the court to decide.

woooohoooo what a Christmas we will have, matching Mercedes I think. Todays was a £10 k payout.......I am off to the pub.

Donation on it way as soon as it hits my account.

If I can just play the other side for a second... What the hell kind of trouble were you in to have over £10,000 worth of charges to your account ? Did you just not get paid for 6 years ?

Well done on the claims, I'm going for over £2000 soon. But, £10k ? Damn!

If I can just play the other side for a second... What the hell kind of trouble were you in to have over £10,000 worth of charges to your account ? Did you just not get paid for 6 years ?

Well done on the claims, I'm going for over £2000 soon. But, £10k ? Damn!

Flibble, I am the first to admit we were "careless" with our money, we had good jobs, spent everything we had and no kids.

Now have a kid, Mrs is part time and I wanted it back.

It is not actually £10k (this was just my second claim) the first was for £6k. But it wasn't all charges, there was around £3500 in interest so it was only really £12k over 6 years, £2k a year so £40 a week.

I look at this as my 8% savings plan.....

Best of it was we opened the acount towards the end of 99 and ran it ok for the first 6 months so the full 6 years we were bad was covered by the legislation window. Lucky or what

Wow Debt Mountain - you have done well!

I've only just started the process and not decided whether to contest in Scotland or England (I'm Scottish based).

Obviously worked for you! Congrats again

Caz

x

Caz

2 things you need to consider.

1- Scotland is a 5 year limitation England is 6. Do you have many charges in the additional year?

2 - Scotland is a limit of £750 per claim so can you be bothered going through the process for each £750 you need to claim.

Good luck and make sure you enjoy yourself.

I have just been on the phone with my best pals at Nationwide. When I called them I was asked to call the number of there new team "refund policy team) on 01793576760 which takes you through to the ISA customer service number. The person I spoke with said that they had to use additional resourse for the charges claim activity.

Awww........

Well done Debt, Power to the people. I am following suit and issuing my claim against nationwide from Newbury CC. Posting N1 letter today.I'm also resident in Scotland. Did you encounter many major problems and was it Newbury CC you filed your N1 form with?

Iain

I left a reply in another thread about this, but I used Morpeth CC as it is Scotland side of Newcastle so only about 100 miles away. If you are in the west then go for Carlisle.

I had no issue whatsoever, the staff in the court were really helpful and more than happy to answer my daily questions.

You can freely call them anytime to ask for a progress update as all mail is sent our by second class post so is a couple of days after the event.

Godd luck and let me know if you need any help.

DM

• 3 weeks later...