Cabot on you and yours. BBC radio 14/06/2012

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have tried to post a link to you and yours BBC radio 4 14/ 06/2012 but the site won't let me, so you will have hunt it down yourselves. I guess I haven't got enough priviledge so perhaps someone else can put the link up.

It features an employee of Cabot recorded being very economical with the true while trying to [EDIT] less than £50 for a disputed 15 year old debt.

The piece is at the beginning so you don't need to listen all the way through.

Note how wishy washy the regulator is, certainly not fit for purpose and not surprising that that debt collectors get away with so much.

I think we should all phone up Cabot and play the piece back them down the phone, very little hurt more than contempt.

Martin g

Cabot's refusal to be interviewed or even give a bland statement to the programme said more about this tawdry "industry" than the entire eight minute clip. They should be made to account for their actions to a higher authority than the BBC or face the ultimate sanction of being closed down.

Looking on the plus side. I dont know how many listners this program has, but if it helps to spread the word all well and good. The kid from Cabot what a plum,

he sounded like someone has snatched his marbles.The regulator had his chance to stamp his authority and at least rebuke Cabot, no chance , sounded like an elderly vicar, but the guy handled himself well on the phone, did not give in to their bullying

Remember that these debt companies will tell their staff that ALL debts are collectable and that morally people should pay them.

The chap from Cabot may just be doing what he is told. It may be the only job that was available to him and he will do whatever is required to keep the job. The supervisor and managers at Cabot will have listened to the calls of their staff, so they will know what they are saying.

I would suggest that debt industry will not change until parliament passes legislation and they have to follow the rules required by the FSA. The debt industry gets away with a lot, because they are not properly regulated.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you are right these companies arnt properley regulated they have guidabce rules but dont adhere to them.they can get away with anything they think they are a law to themselves.next time they should be on the consumer programme bbc watchdog

you are right these companies arnt properley regulated they have guidabce rules but dont adhere to them.they can get away with anything they think they are a law to themselves.next time they should be on the consumer programme bbc watchdog

On the bbc watchdog website you can enter a complaint/ story for them to follow up.I just filled it in with a link to you and yours. If we all did it it, you never know