Mbna awaiting offer letter- £64,000 - WIN!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have had confirmation from fos that MBNA will make offer,

In meanwhile my sar has arrived from them so want to spread sheet it up so i can see if the figs come close

Its for a credit card, i have no statements just the print out showing ppi made and dates and the odd balance amount,

can some one guide me what spread to use ,[ i am pretty rubbish at spreadsheets ]

and can someone advise on charges ie can i look at claiming overlimit and late fees etc

Thanks

Hi

In the absence of statements, this is the closest you are going to get.

FosCISheet v101.xls

Is the account still live or was it closed and paid off? If so, when?

As regards the charges, you can reclaim over limit and late payment fees. Have a read of No.s 3 and 4 in my signature for more information.

This is the spreadsheet you will need for the charges claim.

CISheet v101.xls

ims

thanks mr Ims will give it a shot, acc still open , no arrears , once i got the ppi sorted will hit em with charges claim. i just wondered if they would take over limit charges when they took off pii as in most cases removal off ppi and associated intrest would have meant no charges would have applied

The rate would be the same rate as they were charging you on the card for purchases.

That would normally feature on the statements. Is there nothing in the SAR response which indicates rates of interest?

If not you can always ask for an analysis of the offer to include the rates used.

The rate would be the same rate as they were charging you on the card for purchases.

That would normally feature on the statements. Is there nothing in the SAR response which indicates rates of interest?

For now I'm adding 18per cent! It's gonna take a while as card goes back to 1998 am amazed they been able to give me copies of all

Edited by citizenB
restored quote box for clarity

Sucess ............. Nearly fell of my chair when i got my settlement figure . For 2 MBNA cards running since 1995 and 1998 , maxed out for quite a while but all still current a grand sum of 64k , Amazing , jUST WAITING FOR CHECK NOW , This forum has helped me endlessly, The spreadsheets i did came within £500 of this huge amount which i am not gonna persue as t could be down to variations in interest rates etc, Am so amazed ., now to investigate the charges and changes in interest rates before i settle my bill and go have some fun with the loads and loads left over ,x

Wow that's great....well done :whoo::whoo:

Your spreadsheet calculations were less than 1% out...fantastic.

Let us know when you get the money so that your thread title can be changed.

ims

:whoo:

Absolutely brilliant.. well done :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

good god

MBNA coughing without a fight

now thats strnge

tell us more on the process you used.

and WELL DONE!!

there a re 100's of people here that have been fobbed off!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks guys

started with just standard fos letter,

PREDICTABLY rejected,

Made a complaint to fos in early jan.

Rani's original thread

MBNA in some admin nightmare

wrote to me to say they were still looking into it , and then 3 days later rejected it>

having dicovered u guys on here I got wise and sent a SAR in

and a week after they actioned this

they wrote to FOS and said they with settle as a good will gesture,

The basis being a company director I am effectively self employed and they would never pay any claim i made

, IMS spreadsheet showed where money came from

£10 in 1995 with compound interst worked back to £900 odd.

N o fuss from MBNA even gave me settlement details from a senior case manager over phone >

Now I gonna try for bank charges as the cummulative effect of PPI would have certainly been responsible for some of these

Everyone i cant stress how ever laborious it feels or time consuming and painful

keep at the claims ,

take guidance from the genuis Caggers on here and u shoudl see the benefit i have ,

A big donation on the way once i get the cheque .

Fingers crossed for my outstanding cases with EGG[

IN HANDS OF AN ADJUDICATOR WITH BCRD PLAYING HARD BALL]

and Santander [ awaiting allocation to an adjudicator]

Edited by citizenB
added origiinal htread for continuity

Sucess ............. Nearly fell of my chair when i got my settlement figure . For 2 MBNA cards running since 1995 and 1998 , maxed out for quite a while but all still current a grand sum of 64k , Amazing , jUST WAITING FOR CHECK NOW , This forum has helped me endlessly, The spreadsheets i did came within £500 of this huge amount which i am not gonna persue as t could be down to variations in interest rates etc, Am so amazed ., now to investigate the charges and changes in interest rates before i settle my bill and go have some fun with the loads and loads left over ,x

This is fantastic. Would you be prepared to talk to a journalist about this? It would encourage so many other people

Morning Ims

just getting started on my fees and charges reclaim for this ................ why not heh

i will use spread sheet for charges , just wanted to know 2 things

1. i had a big jump in interest charges [ 23% to 35%] i was not to best of my knowledge advised of this............. do i have any redress on this

2. is there a cag cover letter in the library for this sort of claim ,,,,,,,,,, couldnt see one,

I amclaiming on the basis of that most of the overlimt fees wouldnt have applied if the ppi had been incorrectly added

All help appreciated

Rani

Edited by PPI Rani

I will be watching this with great interest.

I currently have a PPI claim in with MBNA (only sent last week after receiving SAR) and if successful will be going after charges, I like you had a host of overlimit fees.

Hi

Probably best to start a new thread for the charges claim in the MBNA forum because it is a separate issue from the PPI claim. As a preliminary answer though, the charges you are talking about are unlawful penalties anyway.

There is a precess to be followed with a charges reclaim....have a read of Nos 3 and 4 in my signature.

Hi Rani,

You may be on a sun drenched beach somewhere relaxing after your fabulous win so hope you may have a minute to catch up with the Cag family, lol.

You can't imagine what this means to Caggers - your achievement is magnificant. Really, high five to you chuck.

"The basis being a company director I am effectively self employed and they would never pay any claim i made"

A friend of mine is in identical situation but would have been covered for loss of employment in the event his company going belly up, so long as they could produce evidence to prove that it has collapsed. His policy was from 1997 similar era to yours, did your policy say something along those lines?

We're just wondering what route to go down because of the settlement figure involved, similar to your's probably if we claim from day one.

Shelley

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

hello

i have no recollection of this being said in my policy however the fact is the company going under is very unlikely and the sickness benefit portion is also not apllicable as most of us would continue to pay ourselves when we had our own company, To be honest after my initial fos complaint mbna never communicated with me again just agreed to pay up as goodwill, My advice is to go ahead and claim direct from them , if they decline [ as they did with me] go to fos and sit back and watch and see, . whilst claim is being looked at get your SAR so u have figures to work against as well. Good luck xx ps is his claim mbna?

hello

i have no recollection of this being said in my policy however the fact is the company going under is very unlikely and the sickness benefit portion is also not apllicable as most of us would continue to pay ourselves when we had our own company, To be honest after my initial fos complaint mbna never communicated with me again just agreed to pay up as goodwill, My advice is to go ahead and claim direct from them , if they decline [ as they did with me] go to fos and sit back and watch and see, . whilst claim is being looked at get your SAR so u have figures to work against as well. Good luck xx ps is his claim mbna?

Thank u for responding. Yes it isMBNA. SAR already done but dont think statements go back to start of acct would have to check. Thanks again.

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Hi Rani,

You may be on a sun drenched beach somewhere relaxing after your fabulous win so hope you may have a minute to catch up with the Cag family, lol.

You can't imagine what this means to Caggers - your achievement is magnificant. Really, high five to you chuck.

"The basis being a company director I am effectively self employed and they would never pay any claim i made"

A friend of mine is in identical situation but would have been covered for loss of employment in the event his company going belly up, so long as they could produce evidence to prove that it has collapsed. His policy was from 1997 similar era to yours, did your policy say something along those lines?

We're just wondering what route to go down because of the settlement figure involved, similar to your's probably if we claim from day one.

Shelley

Hi Shelley,

I claimed on behalf of my Dad who is self employed - I just got a letter upholding the claim from MBNA