• Tweets

• Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Supervisor is a bully

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've worked at the same company for 8 years and I started working there when I was 19. My supervisor is the mother of one of my good friends but I only see her when I'm in work. My boyfriend, who has been shopping there for years before we started a relationship, picks me up from work but comes into the shop 20 minutes before I finish and waits for me.

Sometimes through the day he comes in to buy stuff, as he always did before,and he doesnt stay for more than a few minutes. Recently my supervisor has been acting really nasty toward him and the one time she spoke to him she told him not to keep me talking because I was busy.

He never does this and so he told her so. Now she has started looking at the shop camera to see if he's coming in and went off it when she saw he was coming in 20 minutes before I finish, she says he's not allowed to do this and it could cost me my job. Other employees have their wives bring sandwiches in and talk to people but they dont mind about that.

Also, my boyfriend is quite a bit older than me which she doesn't agree with. Every time she complains about him coming in she gets in little comments like "I think he's obssessed coming in all the time" or "does he not have a life". Every shift I go in wondering what she's going to complain about next. She doesn't say these things in a nice way, straight away she will start arguing with no provocation and because I've worked there so long she speaks to me like a child.

How can I stop her from doing this? She argues with me infront of customers and yet when she needs to speak to another employee she gets me to stay behind after my shift so she can talk to them in private. I have only phoned in sick one day in about 2 years and she started lying to me on the phone saying that her neice was missing following a birthday party the night before becasue she couldn't be bothered to sort out someone else coming in. I asked her daughter and it was a load of rubbish.

Then the next day she was shirty with me and said she wasnt happy and was extremely annoyed with me for phoning in sick and she couldn't believe that I didn't even try to go in. Yet when others phone in sick she bends over backwards to cover the shift for them.

Is there anything I can do apart from going to my manager? The manager just shrugs her shoulders.

Hello and welcome to CAG. I hope we'll be able to help you.

One thing you could do to make life easier for the advisers and get more help is to put more spacing into your post please. In the grey strip at the bottom of every post is Edit Post in black. If you click on that, you can put in some paragraphs.

Some of us are not very good at walls of text and tend to give up, but it's your choice.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Lyssie

Welcome to CAG

I would keep a diary at home, every time she 'bully's' you, make a note of the day, time and what shes actually said.

You could raise an unofficial grievance with her, if it's not sorted out, raise a formal grievance, send it Recorded to HR, mention that you've tired to resolve matters informally. Are you in the Union?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/employment/resolvingworkplacedisputes/grievanceprocedures/dg_10027992

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1670

Info on Bullying in the work place:-

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=797

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=794

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

I can see her point. What reason does your b/f have for coming in? A shop is a private premises not a public place, and being there every shift is a bit odd.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Best thing to do would be to ask your BF not to be seen at all or near your place of work for the next month or so & to keep a low profile as these bullies have a tendancy to move on to other victims after a while.

I personally wouldnt rock the boat by raising grievances esepecially when the union is weak [i am guessing it is USDAW?]& they could within their rights easily ban your BF from entering the premises for good.

Be careful with your next step or you might find yourself making the whole situation worse not better.

Good luck

That's one issue, but it sounds a bit more then that. Also it might be 'Unite'.

'Then the next day she was shirty with me and said she wasnt happy and was extremely annoyed with me for phoning in sick and she couldn't believe that I didn't even try to go in. Yet when others phone in sick she bends over backwards to cover the shift for them.'

Best thing to do would be to ask your BF not to be seen at all or near your place of work for the next month or so & to keep a low profile as these bullies have a tendancy to move on to other victims after a while.

I personally wouldnt rock the boat by raising grievances esepecially when the union is weak [i am guessing it is USDAW?]& they could within their rights easily ban your BF from entering the premises for good.

Be careful with your next step or you might find yourself making the whole situation worse not better.

Good luck

There may well be a couple of issues. But imagine you are the boss.

"..and they guy turns up and just watches her working for about half an hour EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's freaking me out."

That's going to erode your sympathy.

I'd get b/f to stop calling and see if there really is another problem there first.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I don't need to imagine. It's a distraction, work stops etc.

There may well be a couple of issues. But imagine you are the boss.

"..and they guy turns up and just watches her working for about half an hour EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's freaking me out."

That's going to erode your sympathy.

I'd get b/f to stop calling and see if there really is another problem there first.

The employers defence regarding the above matter would be no more than a formality to get rid of the employee:

`During work time Blah!!! ....Blah!!!...Blah!!!.......Goodbye. [sorry to sound unsympathetic but thats how it works]

Also dont forget the longer you have worked for them the more eager they are to find a legitimate way to get rid so to avoid paying large compensation.

I can see her point. What reason does your b/f have for coming in? A shop is a private premises not a public place, and being there every shift is a bit odd.

He's been coming in for years long before I even knew him. He just lives around the corner and it's a petrol station I work in so alot of people come in every day.

I've told him not to come in anymore anyways and he's having to travel further to get his fuel now. So far she hasn't said anything but is still doing everything else mentioned such as arguing with me infront of customers and allowing other employees wives/boyfriends to come in etc.

I'd take issue with the fact she admonishes you on the sales floor in front of people.

The fact your partner comes in everyday would start to annoy even the most liberal of people, I have had to deal with similar situations as the manager.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Where my dad works in retail the managers and commercial are always bonking each other and some are even married and some have 2 and 3 members of the same family working there. He have to be careful when talking to colleagues in case they maybe related and put his foot in it. It is a very big 'YOUR' store.

Surely if a friend was to call into a store to see a friend or boy/or girl friend how can that be offensive unless the person is waiting inside the store when it has been closed. :?:

Its not about being "offensive" its about the fact that the person can put off the person working, or not speaking to customers.

Pu tit another way. Would they allow the partner to stand behind them if they were in an office and talking on the phone? or working at their computer? or drilling a hole in the middle of the road?

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Its not about being "offensive" its about the fact that the person can put off the person working, or not speaking to customers.

Pu tit another way. Would they allow the partner to stand behind them if they were in an office and talking on the phone? or working at their computer? or drilling a hole in the middle of the road?

I see what you mean, but the OP said that he comes in to buy things and that the manager mouths her off in front of customers that is unacceptable. So effectively the manager is stopping a customer coming into the store. But that is retail for you they employ managers with no savvy. Any good manager leave pronto or cannot work with such people or cannot operating in with such an oppressive regime.

I spoke to my mananger today. I told her what my supervisor did and she couldn't believe it when I spoke to her about how my supervisor wants to ban my boyfriend from coming in and how she speaks to me infront of the customers. My manager doesnt mind him coming in because she sees that he just buys whatever he's getting and leaves. He only comes in early when I finish because I work by myself and he doesnt like me standing in a petrol station at night on my own. He stands away from the till when customers come in.

My manager also says that she told my supervisor that if she wants to ban my boyfriend then she is going to have to tell everyone else that their boyfriends/wives cant come in which she hasnt done. According to my manager one of their wives actually goes and stands behind the till next to her husband talking to him.

I think my manager feels it is unfair how my supervisor is treating me as she has said today to go and see her about anything else that happens so hopefully she will have a word with her if it continues.

Good luck with your supervisor now you have gone over her head. I cannot see this ending well.

Good luck with your supervisor now you have gone over her head. I cannot see this ending well.

I didn't go over her head my supervisor told my manager that my boyfriend had said something nasty to her so I told her what happened. Also my managers daughter works there so she had already told her anyway.

So in these situations should I just let my supervisor get away with it and carry on? Just tell my manager that everything my supervisor is telling her is true even though its not?

Hey, I don't tell anyone what to do. You're an adult.

You do seem to have difficulties seeing things from anyone's perspective but your own. I'm suggesting you think about how your supervisor will feel when they get taken aside by your manager and tread carefully. But if you believe the power structure at work is such that full on battle formation is best, you go for it.

I'm just saying I've never seen it end well. Sometimes if you want to keep working, you keep your head down and do what the boss says until you can find another job.

Hey, I don't tell anyone what to do. You're an adult.

You do seem to have difficulties seeing things from anyone's perspective but your own. I'm suggesting you think about how your supervisor will feel when they get taken aside by your manager and tread carefully. But if you believe the power structure at work is such that full on battle formation is best, you go for it.

I'm just saying I've never seen it end well. Sometimes if you want to keep working, you keep your head down and do what the boss says until you can find another job.

I have accepted that my supervisor doesn't want him coming in and that's why he isn't coming in anymore even though my manager says he can come in if he wants. Maybe he was coming in too much.

The main issue I told my manager about was the fact that she is treating me differently from others by openly arguing with me infront of a shop full of customers while i'm serving them and that she doesn't have a problem with others going in. That's not very professional. It is the way she has done it all. If a mystery shopper came in when she was doing that we would fail.

Edited by Lyssie27