£125 admin charge req to renew t/a

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning, my TA was up for renewal on the 6th June, i had spoken with my LL and we had agreed to renew, last week on the 7th i received a phone call from the new agents countrywide ( who are the parent company of Bairstow eves) my original agents stating that they req £125 admin fee to draw up the TA, i objected stating that i was not willing to pay this, now today i receive a letter from them stating that as we have not reached agreement the tenancy will become a Statutory Periodic Tenancy, what is my position and are these agents allowed to just come up with any figure they dream up for admin fees, previously i had paid around £50

Good morning, my TA was up for renewal on the 6th June, i had spoken with my LL and we had agreed to renew, last week on the 7th i received a phone call from the new agents countrywide ( who are the parent company of Bairstow eves) my original agents stating that they req £125 admin fee to draw up the TA, i objected stating that i was not willing to pay this, now today i receive a letter from them stating that as we have not reached agreement the tenancy will become a Statutory Periodic Tenancy, what is my position and are these agents allowed to just come up with any figure they dream up for admin fees, previously i had paid around £50

It's called rip off Britain and paying for agent holidays...:mad2:

If you get on well with your LL,contact them and see what they have to say or do something about the rip off charge :mad2:

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Statutory Periodic Tenancy means that you can end the tenancy by giving one rental month's notice and the LL can request an end to the tenancy by giving two rental months' notice.

Other than that, everything is the same.

If you want a new fixed term, you and/or the landlord could photocopy the current contract, change the dates, change/remove any references to old agent and sign that for about £2 including printer/photocopy and postage charges.

PS. It is not unlikely that they have also requested a charge from the LL.