Schedule of Loss??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Plz plz guys help me with advice or post me any previous link that dealt with ' SCHEDULE of LOSS'!!

I do urgently need to provide a schedule of loss to my employer as the ET directs. I am sure you guys need some information as to my circumstance.

I raised claims for unfair dismissal along with disability/race/ religious discrimination. I have to submit a schedule of loss next week.

I was in the company for several year and was entitled to company pension.

I will be very grateful for your advice.

Thank you all in advance.

I will flag your thread for those who might be able to help.. however, if you pop Schedule of Loss in the advanced search facility at the top right of the screen you might find something a bit quicker :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

Your schedule of loss should be split into sections. For Example

1. Background information

2. Unfair Dismissal

a) Basic Award

b) Compensatory Award

3. Total

4. Future Losses

5. Sex Discrimination

6. Disability Discrimination

7. Religious Discrimination

Within each section you should write out what you want.

The basic award is calculated weekly earnings (max £400 if you claim was before 01/04/2012 - £430 if after) x Number of years worked over the ages of 22. Plus half of weekly earning x number of years while under the ages of 22.

The compensatory award is loss of earnings/loss of pension/loss of benefits/ difference in pay up to the tribunal date if you have a new job.

Total= add that lot together

Future losses, normally set to about 6 months but can be more or less depending on the tribunal decision. 26 weeks is fine though.

Discrimination Payments

when i did mine i did it like this

5. Sex Discrimination

a) Injury to feelings, will leave to the tribunals discretion but would suggest mid-range of Vento, £15000

b) Losses in sections 2 and 3 as above

c) Interest on all applicable payments.

Repeat that for each discrimination claim, in case the tribunal does not hold any of you discrimination claim as applicable.

Just submit your own figures where necessary.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Hi,

Your schedule of loss should be split into sections. For Example

1. Background information

2. Unfair Dismissal

a) Basic Award

b) Compensatory Award

3. Total

4. Future Losses

5. Sex Discrimination

6. Disability Discrimination

7. Religious Discrimination

Within each section you should write out what you want.

The basic award is calculated weekly earnings (max £400 if you claim was before 01/04/2012 - £430 if after) x Number of years worked over the ages of 22. Plus half of weekly earning x number of years while under the ages of 22.

The compensatory award is loss of earnings/loss of pension/loss of benefits/ difference in pay up to the tribunal date if you have a new job.

Total= add that lot together

Future losses, normally set to about 6 months but can be more or less depending on the tribunal decision. 26 weeks is fine though.

Discrimination Payments

when i did mine i did it like this

5. Sex Discrimination

a) Injury to feelings, will leave to the tribunals discretion but would suggest mid-range of Vento, £15000

c) Interest on all applicable payments.

Repeat that for each discrimination claim, in case the tribunal does not hold any of you discrimination claim as applicable.

Just submit your own figures where necessary.

Wonderful!! indeed its going to be very helpful.

thank you very much..

@ IBRUk. Just to clarify myself do I have to repeat sections 2 and 3 under all discrimination headings or it will be enough to say once???

Hi, If I understand the statement below correctly - you should repeat JIC they discount one of your claims :) HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Generally good advice given above.

A couple of points -

1) don't include interest. You can't claim it, and a Court will only award interest after a Tribunal judgment has been unpaid for six weeks and enforcement action has commenced, so it's pointless.

2) you can only claim one injury to feelings award, so you can't claim three separate Vento awards, if you see what I mean. it's worth making clear the three separate claims though, nonetheless.

Yes repeat it in all section of the discrimination, as if any get struck out then you are covered with the rest.

@becky it was my understanding that in discrimination, interest is payable back to where the discriminating event happened?

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Thank you all for your thoughtful advice!

I am wondering should I compile claim under discrimination like below:

personal injury

Injury to feelings

psychiatric damages

or they all mean the same???

Injury to feelings and psychiatric damages are the same. Personal Injury is different.

Did you state on the ET1 claim form or the schedule of issues that you would be claiming personal injury?

Remember to set out your calculations as well though, obvious put in your details and not use the actual calculations i have done here! But this is how mine was set out.

for example

1. Background Information

a) Date of Birth

i) xx/xx/xxxx

b) Age at effective date of termination

i) 32

c) Number of continous service with respondent

i) 16

d) Gross Pay before dismissal: (before tax and NI)

i) £xxxxx.xx pa (per annum)

ii) £xxxx.xx pm (per month)

iii) £xxx.xx pw (per week)

e) Net pay before dismissal (after tax and NI)

i) £xxxx.xx pm

ii) £xxx.xx pw

2)Unfair Dismissal

a) Basic Award

i) 0.5x£400x5=

ii) 1x11x400=

b) Compensatory Award

i) Past Loss of earnings

1) Loss of pay (£xxx.xx x 13) = £xxxx.xx

2) Loss of notice pay (£xxx.xx x notice period) = £xxx.xx

ii) loss of statutory rights

iii) Loss of health insurance

iv) Loss of employer pension contributions

v) loss of personal pension contributions

vi) Loss of extended notice pay

3) Total

4) Future Losses

a) For a period of time that the tribunal see's fit

i) difference in salary @ £xxx.xx pw

ii) difference in pension structure @ £xx.xx pw

iii) medical costs @ £xx pw

5. Sex Discrimination

c) interest on all applicable payments.

5. Disability Discrimination Discrimination

c) interest on all applicable payments.

7) Personal Injury

a) Damages to pain, suffering and loss of amenity using the JSB guidelines

i) Chapter 3(a) General Psychiatric Damage

1) Will leave to the tribunals discretion but would suggest the Moderately Severe Psychiatric Injury Bracket (£4,500-£12,500)

Then just take out number 7

There is nothing stopping you from taking civil action later on if you want too

Interest I think is theoretically possible from a "mid point"... Calculated at 1.5%... But I honestly don't think I've ever seen it awarded. I personally don't include it, but it is indeed theoretically possible.

Just keep in mind the "taking action later" point - any ET claim has a three month limitation period, so be careful not to miss any deadlines.

Interest I think is theoretically possible from a "mid point"... Calculated at 1.5%... But I honestly don't think I've ever seen it awarded. I personally don't include it, but it is indeed theoretically possible.

Just keep in mind the "taking action later" point - any ET claim has a three month limitation period, so be careful not to miss any deadlines.

thnx Becky. but I am not yet clear about this point above. I have been asked to provide a schedule by 22 nd next week, if I missed something and wished to amend how much time I would have to do that. particularly, I don't have a clear figure about my pension rights that I may have to inquire with the pay roll on Monday. If I don't mange to get correct info by then can I still amend my claim at a later date.

Your opinions and views are highly appreciated.

You can still amend a Schedule of Loss if new info comes to light, eg pension, or if you get a new job and need to cap your loss of earnings.

In terms of the time limit point, if you wanted to add a claim for victimisation, for example, the 3 month time limit would still apply. If you want to bring a county court personal injury claim, it's 3 years. You can't bring the same claim in two coirts, so anything the ET won't award you can't later be brought in the county courts.

You can still amend a Schedule of Loss if new info comes to light, eg pension, or if you get a new job and need to cap your loss of earnings.

In terms of the time limit point, if you wanted to add a claim for victimisation, for example, the 3 month time limit would still apply. If you want to bring a county court personal injury claim, it's 3 years. You can't bring the same claim in two coirts, so anything the ET won't award you can't later be brought in the county courts.

Excellent! thanks a lot Becky..