A doubt has arisen on my claim for JSA

anti-duck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all :-)

Currently I attend a work programme with TCV Enterprises (formerly BTCV) and accidentally missed 1 work programme appointment 2 weeks ago. The reason that I missed the appointment was because my signing time at the JCP was changed and due to TCV being in the same town as the JCP where I sign, for convenience (as I have to get a train to appointments), I asked for that to be changed too; they were fine with changing it but I now remember my WP advisor saying that they couldn't offer me an appointment on the same day, but they could offer me one the day before I was due to sign. He gave me an appointment letter and off I went.

It came to my signing day and I caught the train to sign on at the new time and then go to my WP appointment afterwards as I routinely do, I was quickly reminded that I was supposed to be there the day before when I got to TCV :| It just completely slipped my mind.

Today I received my first ever 'doubt has arisen' letter asking me to give a reason why I didn't attend and why I didn't let TCV know that I wouldn't be attending; I doubt 'it was a human error' is going to suffice as valid reasoning here :( So I think I'm unfortunately looking at a sanction. Completely my own fault, I know.

Can anyone advise me as to whether I'm actually likely to get a sanction and how long it's likely to be? Or am I just panicking? Also advice regarding alternative benefits that I may be entitled to should I receive a long term sanction. I have chronic renal failure but am pre-haemodialysis and am unsure as to whether this qualifies me for any benefits.

Thanks in advance.

It depends on whether this is your first "offence" so to speak.

About 6 years ago I did leave my job voluntarily and received a 24 week sanction, since then I haven't left any more jobs, been late/missed any appointments or anything. That one previous sanction was from a previous claim for JSA though, this is a different claim so I think this would be a first offence?

So it is likely I'm facing a sanction?

It doesn't make any difference if it is your first or 100th offence sorry.

Your reasons will be considered by the DMA team and nobody can give you a likely outcome as each case is dealt with individually.