BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2458 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well after a month of waiting for a reply from NatWest re a basic account phoned the number they advised and you need a ref number!

Surely it does not take a month for them to say No? It is disgusting we have waited so long just to get a basic account, and of course the number is an 0845 number, the automated voice said we need to go to the branch but I bet they will say phone up the number! :-x

We do not have a vast choice here and having no transport we can not just "pop" into the local branch,

sorry if this is in wrong place, even CO-OP cash minder you need to phone up for and there is no branch near us,looks like we will just have to take our JSA out of Barclays as soon as it goes in,like we do now

If I owe you money, take a number and join the queue. If you owe me money pay up and shut up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try Halifax, I did it online. It's simple.

You have to provide ID, But I think you can email a copy of your Passport/Drivers License. Or you can photocopy it

and psot it to them. You don't have to use the phone at all. You get a Visa Electron debit card which you can use at ATM's

and most shops.

Here is a link to the application.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/other-bank-accounts/easycash/

• Confused 1

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

got turned down by Halifax, thanks any way

If I owe you money, take a number and join the queue. If you owe me money pay up and shut up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well after a month of waiting for a reply from NatWest re a basic account phoned the number they advised and you need a ref number!

Surely it does not take a month for them to say No? It is disgusting we have waited so long just to get a basic account, and of course the number is an 0845 number, the automated voice said we need to go to the branch but I bet they will say phone up the number! :-x

We do not have a vast choice here and having no transport we can not just "pop" into the local branch,

sorry if this is in wrong place, even CO-OP cash minder you need to phone up for and there is no branch near us,looks like we will just have to take our JSA out of Barclays as soon as it goes in,like we do now

If you apply on the phone for a Co-op cash minder account it is set up within minutes - a colleague of mine did it in her tea break at work!. Also you can use any post office to pay in cash and you get a Visa debit card which you can use at any ATM and anywhere Visa is accepted.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

ty Ell, was thinking of the cash minder one but if we need to take ID in for them then we would be stuck as have no co-op bank anywhere near us,not keen on sending ID through the post and they normally always want original copies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't need to provide ID, if you are on the electoral roll that's all you need. My colleague didn't have to provide anything at all.

• Confused 1

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

that's great news, thank you so much

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make sure you answer any questions honestly - if they ask if you have defaults or ccj's admit it - they will be able to see your credit history and will know if you are telling the truth. They're not interested in the fact that your credit file is bad just that you are honest about it. My colleague has several CCJ's and it didn't stop them getting an account - but they did own up when asked and said it was due to financial difficulties when partner was out of a job.

Will do, only problem we will have will be if we need to pay something into the account or have a problem as there is no CO-OP anywhere near where we live

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can pay into the account in any post office

your a star, much appreciated, have added to your star ♥

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Please advise. It has been 40 days now and Natwest has not responded to our dsar (sar) request. What should be our next course of action?

Thank you.

Z

You need to send a non compliance letter and give them a timeframe to comply before you take them to court for disclosure.

HOwever give them a couple more says in case the post is delayed. Some less reputable companies like to send info by 2nd class post.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Bobcat, have you sorted out your bank account with the Co-op :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

Please advise. It has been 40 days now and Natwest has not responded to our dsar (sar) request. What should be our next course of action?

Thank you.

Z

Did you send the request by tracked post and have you checked it was received. If you sent a postal order for the fee, you can telephone the Post office (number is on the postal order receipt) and ask if it has been cashed and when.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?593-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

Non compliance letters are linked above.

If you still receive no response or the data, then you will need to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. Alternatively you can issue a claim for non compliance through the small claims court.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

citizen, we ended up being accepted by NatWest for a basic account, thank you, got a debit card with it but can only grt cash from certain ATM'S though

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

citizen, we ended up being accepted by NatWest for a basic account, thank you, got a debit card with it but can only grt cash from certain ATM'S though

My Santander account is pretty much like that as well :(

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS