booking christmas holiday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Where i work only 2 staff (at my level) are allowed to book holiday at the same time.

I have asked for the two weeks off at Christmas.I've been told i cannot book anything for Christmas until the 1st week of November.

The problem here is the same 2 people have had Christmas off for the last 4 years and i want to make a booking for something but cannot. These two staff are single mothers.

Any ideas?

Put in a Grievance alleging that stating that it is unfair to a) not allow you to book a holiday until when they say you can as that limits your ability to get an economic deal b) as a male you feel that if the company allow two single mothers off again at Christmas when you have already asked for time off that it may be discriminatory.

Hopefully, they will see that their selection methods need to be fair and open or else they risk a sex discrimination case.

Thank you for your reply and great advice.

I'm told that CC policy is that all staff are not allowed to book Xmas leave until November. How do i challenge this?

If the same two people get their leave and i do not then i will take out a grievance for that on a seperate basis.

Hi caring guy

Remember they have told you the CC policy says this but have they actually shown you thay policy.

If not simply request a copy of that policy with its procedures as well and at the same time ask for a copy of their Grievance Policy as well.

This way you are putting the onus on them to provide these documents to back up what they are saying.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group