Job description dispute.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am currently a employed as a senior test and quality analyst. And my JD is as follows:

-----------------------------

Work with the development and support IT teams along with business experts to ensure that

quality software is delivered to business users.

The job-holder will report to the Test Manager but potentially work with many teams. Analyse customer requirements for enhancements to existing systems as well as fixes to existing systems, and hence develop test cases and test scripts. Document findings and report defects appropriately. Provide advice to other members of the team/department on technical issues and mentor newer recruits.

Provide consistently reliable test estimates to their Manager. Provide at least weekly progress updates to their Manager, highlighting any issues as they occur.

The job-holder must work well under pressure and be adept at taking problems and seeing them through to resolution with minimal supervision.

Show initiative in identifying and improving the internal test processes, and have sufficient perspective to suggest quality improvements to development life-cycle.

Well presented and professional, an excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills and very client focussed.

-----------------------------

Now as far as I am concerned I am a tester, and as a tester I decipher Business Requirements to create accurate Test Estimates, detailed and technical Test Scripts, descriptive Defect Tracking and informative Test Reports.

But for this new high profile project they do not want to do in house testing (which in itself is crazy) but they have come up with a quality manager role instead. Below are the responsibilities which I am basically taking as a JD. Now instead of deciphering Business Requirements to create accurate Test Estimates, detailed and technical Test Scripts, descriptive Defect Tracking and informative Test Reports they now want me to sign off that someone else has completed all of this.

I am not comfortable with doing this and consider this not in my JD and above my pay grade. What do you think? I am going to be forced to do this even though I have expressed I am not comfortable with it. Look forward to your thoughts.

Quality Manager Role & Responsibilities:

§ Reports to the Programme & Project Managers.

§ Develop and communicate the Quality Strategy incl. Roles and Responsibilities, Processes and Criteria to all programme members.

§ Ensure that Project Quality Plans support the Programme Quality Strategy.

§ Measure and report on adherence to Quality Strategy, Quality Plans and Published Standards.

§ Specify the project deliverable definitions - ensuring that their purpose, composition, derivation, format and presentation are understood and agreed by all of the project stakeholders and that there is clear specification of the quality criteria by which each deliverable may be judged.

§ Establish template documents for all deliverables.

§ Manage and track defect levels in a central repository for internal & external development activities, whether manual or automated in nature.

§ Ensure test approach & test plans represent suitable coverage to requirements to measure quality.