style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a car from an independent garage which was financed by Welcome finance. The car had problems when we purchased it and we took it back to the garage and they claimed to fix them.

However after a year we got in touch with welcome to tell them we did not want the car because we couldnt afford the monthly repayments. The pressured us into signing a new contract in order to lower the repayments. The woman said that the only way they could take off all the 'extras' we were paying was to sign a new agreement.

We payed for another year and then got a statement with our total amount owing which is £5000..... We are in the process of giving the car back.

Firstly, it took them a week after getting the letter( sent by rec del) to phone us to confirm. Three days later someone from the collections department phoned us and tried to tell usby giving the car back we will still owe £2500. When we insisted that the car was going back she said that the RAC would contact us who would inspect the car and any problems we would have to pay for. The RAC have contacted us but it will take another week for them to inspect the car.

I have 4 boys so the car is not in a perfect condition...there is also scratches on the outside.

I am worried that they are not going to take into account 'wear and tear'.

Does anyone know what they can charge me for and what they cant?

Also the car is untaxed and un insured and we have explained to Welcome that there is no place to keep it. I wish to transfer ownership but they are saying that its not their problem and will not give a date when they are going to collect the car.

Can anyone give me some advice?

HSBC- owed £873.04

First letter - 19/08/2006-no response

LBA - 07/09/2006

Rec Del- 08/09/2006

14 day deadline(22/09/2006)

FULL OFFER -16/09/2006

• 1 month later...

Dump it in their car park and ring Head Office to explain what you have done. If you have had a default on the account before you told them to collect the car you will be liable for the balance including interest for the term of the loan and make good costs (RAC report) minus what they get for the car from auction.

The car has gone back but we have been told that because we chose to send the car back the price they fetch at auction will not be deducted. Is this right

HSBC- owed £873.04

First letter - 19/08/2006-no response

LBA - 07/09/2006

Rec Del- 08/09/2006

14 day deadline(22/09/2006)

FULL OFFER -16/09/2006

No it's not right at all. Have you dealt with more than one person at the branch about this, Not all Account Managers can be trusted.

I would call H/O and discuss it with them.