style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In early April my parents submitted a PPI complaint to HFC/Beneficial for an old credit card they had, citing the usual grounds for misselling. As usual, they'd sent the form via Recorded Delivery and knew that it had been received.

After 4 weeks they hadn't heard anything by way of an acknowledgement/reference number so contacted HFC. I'm not sure how of the exact route but they were told that they did not know anything about it (despite having a receipt showing who had signed for it, when, etc., etc.) When it was explained that it was PPI for a credit card they were told to call another number. This put them through to John Lewis, who they never had a card with. After explaining the situation John Lewis told them to contact Marbles.

Marbles (thankfully) were helpful and said that my parents were right to contact HFC/Beneficial as they were the company that sold the card/PPI in the first instance and retained the documents. Marbles provided a reference number and said they would look into it.

Today, they called Marbles and explained that they had heard nothing from them and that it was now in the 9th week. They confirmed that nothing had been heard about it as yet and suggested they call back in 2 weeks. Alternatively, they could contact the Ombudsman.

Does anybody have any knowledge of HFC/Beneficial at the moment? Are they experiencing delays/problems or is it just incompetence? Any advice and information would be useful.

Thanks

Write back to the lender with copies of the evidence that they received your claim and that they have failed to comply with the 8 week deadline.

Tell them that if you don't get a final response within 14 days you will pass this matter to fos which will cost them an £850 case fee.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

@ims21 Thanks very much. Out of interest who should I write to? HFC/Beneficial as the original provider or to Marbles who assumed responsibility and are awaiting a response from the HFC/Beneficial?

Your complaint is to whoever you were paying the premiums to so if it was an HFC/Beneficial account then it would go to them.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I wrote to Marbles originally who said they couldn't find my details so I re-sent them my account details. They then sent my complaint to HFC as they were the ones that sold the PPI apparently. HFC never got back to me so had to chase them up. I received no reply so had to go through Marbles again. HFC said their reply had been sent to Marbles for them to get in touch with me. My complaint wasn't upheld so now in the hands of the FOS. Perhaps it's just stalling tactics.