Quick refund/return question???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I bought my son a DSI from toys r us in preston on 12/11/11.

This was a present for his birthday 24th dec.

Anyway it worked for about 1 month if that then packed in, kept freezing and just not working.

So for the past 5 months its not been used. I have FINALLY just found my receipt, so my question is..... if I return it to the store will I get a replacement?? as I don't really want to send off to a manufacture and have to wait more, I just want it kept simple.

I've heard a bit about a 6 month rule, and from the day of purchase 12/11/11 to today 10/12/12, would it still be classed as in the 6 months period before the 12th of this month.???.

Like I said I just want a simple swap, I dont want to trvel all the way to the store to be turned away.

Any help gratefully received guys thanks.

There is no 6 month rule. It is about company policy.

I don't expect that they will replace it before sending it off for investigation.

Bewre about extended repai periods. Ask them what the timescale is for having it returned to you. It really shouldn't be longer than 2 weeks - but they may easily say that it is 4 weeks.

Note it all down including the name of the person you speak to. Get a repair receipt. Don't tolerate any delays over the timescale that they give you.

Don't have any phone calls if you are not recording the call.

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved a text from nintendo this morning, saying they have received the console. Now just received another text saying progress is on hold and to ring them.

Apparently the console has water contamination, I'm really finding this hard to believe as my son barely played with it, and I expressed my doubt to the person I was speaking with.

Anyway the cost to fix the problem is £50.50. The warranty doesn't cover accidental damage it says.

Can anyone share their views if they do believe nintendo to be 1 of the decent companies left you can trust, because I really begrudge paying this as I really do find it hard to believe.

thanks.

Nintendo generally are not out to get anyone, most high-end electronics these days have water sensors (The iPhone has at least 3 small little circle stickers that turn red when in contact with water for example). I would presume a DS has something similar

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.