style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i am seeking advice for a family member yet again.

Situation is her ex fella put a car in her name, at another address, and racked up parking tickets, Eventually the Bailiffs have arrived at her property, She told them she never owned the car.

They have been coming back to her house on a regular basis, and she has told them time and time again that she never owned it.

Anyway they posted through the door 10 Identical letters, but with different amounts on some, and all different reference numbers, and payment by 11/06/2012.

The letters are as this:

RE: Penalty Charge Notice Due to :-

City council

Then ref number

Our Records indicate that you have failed to pay your debt even though we have levied distress (On What)? Not been in the house!

Take notice that it is our intention to visit again to resolve this matter and you will have to pay costs of this visit.

To avoid a further visit you must pay the sum of £***.** in full by 11/06

The letters are all dated the 6th of June.

Do not understand why she left it this late to seek help!!

She is unemployed with 3 children, 1 is been assessed for ADHD.

The Grandparents help to look after the children a fair bit.

Is there anything we can do to help her, I.E: Use a letter to hand to the Bailiffs the next time they call.

Just added up all 10 letters and the total is over £2K

... Remind the bailiffs that the registered keeper in not the legal owner for a start ? I am sure it says this on the reg docs ...

Just addressing the quote as is and not the OP.

For a PCN the Registered Keeper of the vehicle is held liable and responsible. I guess the theory is that if the Registered Keeper wasn't driving then they would happily indicate who was. I've fallen foul of this once before! ...

I would advise that she would need to contact the council's parking services and inform them that the car does not belong to her and never has, and she is not responsible for these tickets.

The bailiffs will only act on what they have been told by the council, they wont be interested in the details of the PCN's, how ever this lady is vulnerable so the bailiffs should heed the guidelines of the national standards, if not then again the council should be notified of this.